Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Forgive me if this was posted elsewhere, but maybe this is good news for solid EDs going forward?
In my mind I initially said "Thats fantastic!" but seconds later I said to myself "oh god, is this going to introduce additional QC issues."

Reactions: ccc001
Need help. I got a VIN late last week (see signature) but nothing has happened yet.

I've sent out for an insurance quote and also can get Tesla insurance if the quote comes in higher.

I am currently on Cash, but will need to switch to Loan and get financed by DCU for the full amount (or as much as they will allow).

I haven't received any text or call from Tesla to schedule delivery, which is now 10-14 days away.

Do I continue waiting? Or should I call/text someone? If so, can anyone give me a number to call/text?
When we picked up my Wifes Model Y last October they didnt contact her till the week before and we were in a similar situation. If memory serves me back in 2019 it was pretty similar to how they did my Model 3 as well. You could always just reply to a text message asking for information.

When we picked up my Wifes Model Y last October they didnt contact her till the week before and we were in a similar situation. If memory serves me back in 2019 it was pretty similar to how they did my Model 3 as well. You could always just reply to a text message asking for information.
That's the problem though, I don't have a text or phone number to reply to. I placed my order 10 months ago and no communication since, other than the Trade-in call. Do I need a phone number to call or text that isn't just the standard line? Or should I just call the main?

That's the problem though, I don't have a text or phone number to reply to. I placed my order 10 months ago and no communication since, other than the Trade-in call. Do I need a phone number to call or text that isn't just the standard line? Or should I just call the main?
How far is the Tesla store you plan to pick up at? I would just drive down and talk with them if that is possible.

I like what Eight said, just pop in and talk to someone, if you cant you can call the main and have them kick you over to the SC.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Just to be clear unless I am mistaken.

All refresh 2.0 Model S do not have lettering at all. So you need Hard Plastic letters. The older generation had the standout letters so people just bought vinyl stickers and taped them on top.
I don't know when the refreshed refresh production began. Mine was a late January built. I don't know why Tesla would delete the lettering. Since the vinyl sticker I bought is for rub on, you still put it on the plain surface but it takes a bit of efforts to space and line them up.

Reactions: koorosh
You can use the chat function on Tesla.com also to talk to a customer care rep. Just go to a vehicle order page and a chat box should pop up.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
I would think they would push into high gear to catchup before easing up on the gas...these are the highest margin cars , no?
Kinda odd I know, but if they can make 2 or 3 of the 3/Y in the same time S may be higher margin yet not highest return when it comes to time. Maybe Tesla doesnt want Q2 to drop below Q1. Crazy to me. Still hard to get past the jerk from Tesla Nevada who threatened that our order would get cancelled back at end of February if we didnt lift the hold. We put the hold on a car we couldnt take delivery at end of February because we were travelling.

Interesting change in strategy since Tesla continues to be supply constrained.

electrek.co

Tesla cancels employee bonuses tied to delivery quotas, raises salaries to compensate

Tesla employee bonuses tied to delivery quotas have been canceled as the automaker instead raises salaries to compensate.
electrek.co