Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Plaid (Clicking/ticking)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well just bought a 21 with 20k miles on her very very clean one owner, my favorite car todate wow just incredible on all levels 👏 😀 😍 👌!!!! I have one small thing I am hearing over very small close bumps and really hear it when like driving slow threw the grass (5-15 mph) sounds like it's right on top where the air bag would bolt up. So lifted car up and check everything over as I was thinking sway bar links for sure. But everything on the front end looks and feels soild!! Looks like new and zero signs of movement any where? Any good guess guys on where to look has to be a common thing for these car's I am almost thinking the air bags because everything looks and feels so good. Thanks for any helps guys!!!

Thanks Matt

Found the noise (well Matt Jaeh on YouTube did) wow I am pumped it was driving me nuts!!! It's the front hinges on the frunk where the little bolt stop hits the top hinged when closed! Put some think clear tape over bolt head stop noise is 100% gone!!!! Thanks!!!! @mattjaeh on YouTube!!!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
Found the noise (well Matt Jaeh on YouTube did) wow I am pumped it was driving me nuts!!! It's the front hinges on the frunk where the little bolt stop hits the top hinged when closed! Put some think clear tape over bolt head stop noise is 100% gone!!!! Thanks!!!! @mattjaeh on YouTube!!!
Can you post a picture of what you're referring to? I'm getting the same sounds as well.

Reactions: bargrens@gmail