Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I'm thinking on mine too. I changed to white interior May 15 ... But mine seems to be pretty in line. @Btrflyl8e that change was pretty far from your original order. May have messed up the order. Sucks.
In the grand scheme of things, what's another month or two at this point? I don't regret making the change when I did, now that I've seen the 19s. They are not for me. And I've wanted white interior since it came out with the X, it just wasn't available in the S last time I ordered, so I got the last of the light gray real leather. This time, I'm getting exactly what I want. If that means I don't get it till December, so be it.

I'm fortunate that I have another car (my weekend car that rarely even got driven on the weekend). It is getting some love finally... And it's loud, manual transmission, and black on black. Couldn't be more opposite of my new S. So after 8 years of Tesla ownership, I'm looking at this wait as a "desensitizing" period, which will allow me to REALLY appreciate my new Tesla all the more.

If you make changes, you do move around based on what your change is - i.e. if you change from a white interior to other color, you'll likely move forward right now if you have February. My latest order last week jumped from February up to late November even. My earliest order remains February that has white interior (started as Sep/Oct).

From the order of importance, I'd still say the date that you completed your full profile on the car matters most - that is what 3 SAs have told me now they go down the line on - if your profile is complete that is key. It is hard to tell though if you have a super early RN and then make changes otherwise if your at the end of the queue again at this point - some choice factors override that.

I agree with this. I ordered 6/16 white/cream 19" LR RN11515 and changed to white interior on 7/8 and have an EDD of 12/18 -1/7. I think I would be later or blank if I went to the back of the line...

Seeing late RN get dates and some of us still with February dates blows my mind. Some folks ordered the car September 2020 and still show February like wtf. It’s really frustrating nothing makes sence. First world problems but still pissed. Again nothing new with Tesla happend with my previous S as well.

I would bet that all the earlier RNs with a February delivery dates will be delivered before mine..... February EDD seems like a placeholder.

In the grand scheme of things, what's another month or two at this point? I don't regret making the change when I did, now that I've seen the 19s. They are not for me. And I've wanted white interior since it came out with the X, it just wasn't available in the S last time I ordered, so I got the last of the light gray real leather. This time, I'm getting exactly what I want. If that means I don't get it till December, so be it.

I'm fortunate that I have another car (my weekend car that rarely even got driven on the weekend). It is getting some love finally... And it's loud, manual transmission, and black on black. Couldn't be more opposite of my new S. So after 8 years of Tesla ownership, I'm looking at this wait as a "desensitizing" period, which will allow me to REALLY appreciate my new Tesla all the more.
I hear yah. I'm glad I made the change too. Black would have been fine but after seeing some pics of the white interior its 🔥

Hahah true on the desensitization part. I'm lucky to have a few Tesla's at work and I'm borrowing one of my team cars. Sucks to have to wait. But gonna be worth it for sure

I hear yah. I'm glad I made the change too. Black would have been fine but after seeing some pics of the white interior its 🔥

Hahah true on the desensitization part. I'm lucky to have a few Tesla's at work and I'm borrowing one of my team cars. Sucks to have to wait. But gonna be worth it for sure
I changed from cream to white literally 6 hrs before the first 5k price increase. Even with the white interior curse I am still happy I made the change.

When I first saw a white interior severally years ago I told myself there would be no way I would ever get the white interior. Now, there is no doubt I am sold on the white as it grows on me daily and I definitely gained on my kids (Gen z?) cool status 😎

Needless to say I will happily wait the extra 2 months for years of no regrets....

I changed from cream to white literally 6 hrs before the first 5k price increase. Even with the white interior curse I am still happy I made the change.

When I first saw a white interior severally years ago I told myself there would be no way I would ever get the white interior. Now, there is no doubt I am sold on the white as it grows on me daily and I definitely gained on my kids (Gen z?) cool status 😎

Needless to say I will happily wait the extra 2 months for years of no regrets....
You lucked out with that timing! I'd have said the same thing a few years ago. I even said the same thing when I first orders the MS. No way white. Then I drove a Red MY with white for a weekend. Couple of days later I switched to white. The white just feels so open and clean. Def not switching either lol.

No kids for me but def raising my cool factor w my friends kids hah

RN11395 - Plaid | Red | White| CF | 21” | No FSD

I had the July EDD until 8/1, then it went blank, then last week I got the email of death and then February EDD.

However, I firmly believe February is indeed a placeholder and it will come substantially quicker. Thank you to all who contributed to this thread! Nice to know I’m not alone in my frustration. ;)

Seeing late RN get dates and some of us still with February dates blows my mind. Some folks ordered the car September 2020 and still show February like wtf. It’s really frustrating nothing makes sence. First world problems but still pissed. Again nothing new with Tesla happend with my previous S as well.
Some like me have a 16 month order to delivery window… others have less than 2 weeks. SMFH!

Just joining this thread. Ordered 2/5/21. RN1144, Plaid / MSM / White / 21" / CF / No FSD.

Estimated delivery Sep 11 - 30

I'm located in the Bay Area.
Awesome, we have identical cars only I ordered FSD, my order date 1/31 still showing blank. We should be recieving our cars around the same time I would imagine?

Apparently white interior is delayed due to the popularity of the color choice. Lol
Screenshot_20210816-150151_Gmail.jpg

RN11395 - Plaid | Red | White| CF | 21” | No FSD

I had the July EDD until 8/1, then it went blank, then last week I got the email of death and then February EDD.

However, I firmly believe February is indeed a placeholder and it will come substantially quicker. Thank you to all who contributed to this thread! Nice to know I’m not alone in my frustration. ;)
So if you don’t even have February for a RN1150 order you’re extra screwed?

I hate that blank space.

Apparently white interior is delayed due to the popularity of the color choice. Lol

If that were true, I’d figure some of us with white interiors would actually be getting some delivery dates in Q3. Unless they plan on producing them as their own massive batch.
I'm guessing crickets is going to happen on my reply.

Thank you for the update!

It does seem as if there are a ton of black and cream interiors with much later order dates that are receiving their cars (take my coworker, for example, that took delivery of his white/black MS he ordered 4 weeks after me about 2 weeks ago).

Understandable that the white is a popular color choice, but wouldn't black be as well? From the small sampling of people we have collecting information, there's still January orders that have estimated deliveries of white inteiors into October-November where those with black or cream interiors have been largely delivered from those same earlier order date range. In regards to my order, it was placed at the beginning of March and have an estimated delivery of November 20 - December 10.

Also curious, do you have any insight into when the 2022 model year will start? With my estimated delivery being end of November, does that possibly mean that I will receive a 2022 model year?

Thanks again and I appreciate your time, totally understand that y'all are working hard to get these to us!!