Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was given an email to send changing financing. They're pretty quick about getting back. Just include your reservation number and maybe send it form the email that you have on your Tesla account. [email protected] is who I emailed. I guess because I'm in Central US. Maybe they have a western US email but I'm not sure.
The Corporate Tesla person I spoke with recommended waiting until I was close to receiving my new car to switch from the Cash to Financing option, since the financing is only good for 30 days. I'll shop around myself anyway, but will likely just leave mine as "Cash" in the Tesla system for now.

In the unlikely event the person I spoke with had accurate data and my car goes into production Dec 9-12, when will I likely receive a VIN? 2 weeks prior to production? When production starts? What has been the experience here?
Looking at getting a VIN a day or so after it’s built. Honestly, that far up the East coast. Seems possible for an EoY delivery. But start crossing your fingers and toes. Especially since the trend has been that the cars are sitting at the Fremont rail yard for an additional week after they get moved there.

The Corporate Tesla person I spoke with recommended waiting until I was close to receiving my new car to switch from the Cash to Financing option, since the financing is only good for 30 days. I'll shop around myself anyway, but will likely just leave mine as "Cash" in the Tesla system for now.
Um everywhere I’ve seen, tesla financing is good for 60days, no?

Looking at getting a VIN a day or so after it’s built. Honestly, that far up the East coast. Seems possible for an EoY delivery. But start crossing your fingers and toes. Especially since the trend has been that the cars are sitting at the Fremont rail yard for an additional week after they get moved there.
I'm actually in Nebraska (but I can see how you read my "NE" as New England), so I'll be picking up at the Kansas City location. Hopefully it won't take long to get from California to the mid-west!