Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 plaid puddle lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla wrote a cease & desist letter to Abstract Ocean threatening legal action if they did not stop selling the rectangular replacement lights with the trademarked Tesla logo. So Abstract Ocean had to stop making them.

Sucks, as I have those on my Model S and love the look. Doubtful you will see something like that in a round replacement light for the refreshed Model S unless it comes from another country that doesn’t respect trademark laws (cough cough).

Tesla wrote a cease & desist letter to Abstract Ocean threatening legal action if they did not stop selling the rectangular replacement lights with the trademarked Tesla logo. So Abstract Ocean had to stop making them.

Sucks, as I have those on my Model S and love the look. Doubtful you will see something like that in a round replacement light for the refreshed Model S unless it comes from another country that doesn’t respect trademark laws (cough cough).
oh wow. thanks

Have the 2022 Model S and bought some puddle lights that said they would fit but were rectangular. Would love to hear if someone finds the round version!
The other thing I noticed when I was down there before realizing the rectangles won’t work is the rounds look embedded and not too easy to “pop” out if they ever did produce a version for our new MS. I’m thinking they aren’t going to be replaceable or as easy to replace anyway. I don’t want to have to take the inside door apart for a puddle light lol.