Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 refresh just delivered. Am I missing something?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a 2021 Model S. Looking at the manua,it looks like the back truck is supposed to come with a privacy shield and a false bottom. Mine has neither. My earlier model S cam with both. Am I missing something?

here is a screenshot of the page from the manual.
9EC32AE9-2DF5-4695-A5B1-24A34C7868CD.png

Reactions: Nauvoo
Congratulations. How long did you have to wait? At least you are getting a delivery. First thing to check is the cargo area cover.

Ordered in August.

Yeah I’m too far for them to deliver… I’ll be picking it up. It ends up working out as I plan to drop off a vehicle with my daughter in Chapel Hill. Her fiancée is a big Tesla fanboy so they will enjoy being there for the pickup.

Upvote 0
Ordered in August.

Yeah I’m too far for them to deliver… I’ll be picking it up. It ends up working out as I plan to drop off a vehicle with my daughter in Chapel Hill. Her fiancée is a big Tesla fanboy so they will enjoy being there for the pickup.
How did your picking up go? Did you find any issues. I am continuing to explore the vehicle and keep returning to the manual. I was looking for the USB port to format the USB drive to record DashCam and Sentry Cam. The manual gave conflicting information telling me to use the front USB port to format the drive without saying it is a USB-C port. Then it says to use the glove compartment USB port for recording which is an old style USB port. Actually they already installed one there but went on leading me to format a new one. Good thing it is on around $20.

Upvote 0
How did your picking up go? Did you find any issues. I am continuing to explore the vehicle and keep returning to the manual. I was looking for the USB port to format the USB drive to record DashCam and Sentry Cam. The manual gave conflicting information telling me to use the front USB port to format the drive without saying it is a USB-C port. Then it says to use the glove compartment USB port for recording which is an old style USB port. Actually they already installed one there but went on leading me to format a new one. Good thing it is on around $20.
Pickup went great. Car is amazing.

After going through the detailed checklist, the only deficiency was they forgot the privacy cover in the trunk area. At first they were confused and thought I was talking about some kind of add-on. But I stuck to my guns and then they realized what I was talking about. They didn’t have any in stock so their solution was to take one from another car on the lot.

Upvote 0

After going through the detailed checklist, the only deficiency was they forgot the privacy cover in the trunk area. At first they were confused and thought I was talking about some kind of add-on. But I stuck to my guns and then they realized what I was talking about. They didn’t have any in stock so their solution was to take one from another car on the lot.
Same here. I took a picture and sent it to the delivery team to show I am looking at the trunk well. I was told to make a service appointment which is not available until March. Yes, Tesla has been having service issue since 2014 (my first Model S). Cars lined up on the street outside the service center covered with dust for weeks. This piece that more of us never deliveries experiencing is said to be "unavailable". It is amazing such a simple piece of fiber is in shortage. Keep our finger crossed that we do need any service call. That is a prime source of owner frustration.

Upvote 0

Mine was missing the one over the trunk well. What was most frustrating is the exact same car right next to mine had it, but they wouldn't let me take it from another car. Instead I'm waiting until March to maybe get it.

Upvote 0