Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 SR+ and DAB radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my new SR+ yesterday, and while I can see Spotify and TuneIn within the menus - I'm struggling to find any standard radio option that would present me with DAB radio?

Does anyone know does the new SR+ include DAB radio - and am I missing something basic within the menus?

Thanks.

When you find it ... if you have a favourite radio station be sure to also set a favourite for the same station on FM. That will enable a seamless switch between the two if/when you lose signal strength. (Unless things have changed with software updates it didn't used to do this switching very effectively unless you had the station set in both DAB and FM.)

Reactions: Obliter8
I guess it switches between the two? On the latest holiday release, I can see DAB, but on 1 bar LTE, and full bars FM? Is that what it’s showing here? Though still hear a lot of FM dropouts or interference, which I could switch off FM and only do DAB.
3184F9C8-2E52-48C1-A3DF-8EBF943286D3.jpeg

I guess it switches between the two? On the latest holiday release, I can see DAB, but on 1 bar LTE, and full bars FM? Is that what it’s showing here? Though still hear a lot of FM dropouts or interference, which I could switch off FM and only do DAB.View attachment 751247
I just checked again, and when on FM, it would say FM where it shows DAB here. The FM next to triple j is the “radio” app icon. So, yes on OS 11 it sure is active now.
(Don’t think it was before though)

Mine has auto-switched from DAB to FM and back based on signal strength since new (June ‘21) on 2021.14.8 so I don’t think this is new behaviour. I just set favourites on DAB and it automatically picks up the associated FM frequencies and uses them as needed based on DAB signal strength.