Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 ssd drive location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
My wife's SR+ gets delivered here in a few weeks. The 2021 model 3s have the redesigned center console. My question is this, is there an aftermarket solution yet for an ssd hidden for the sentry cam (My 18' uses the Jeda which I love). Any pros and cons to the ones you guys are using?

My wife's SR+ gets delivered here in a few weeks. The 2021 model 3s have the redesigned center console. My question is this, is there an aftermarket solution yet for an ssd hidden for the sentry cam (My 18' uses the Jeda which I love). Any pros and cons to the ones you guys are using?
its already hidden - its in the glovebox
For reference until you get the car, check out the manual, page 20 has a picture of the location that will help.
The new build cars even include a usb stick

[edit]
I didn't use the Jeda on my '18, I used one of the others which did have a pair of usb c plugs instead of the usb a like our cars. I ended up with a Samsung SSD that I took out of the case so it was easier to fit in the hidden space. Probably not needed now in the new cars though.

Last edited:
It's not secure in the glovebox, as that's one of the first places a criminal will look, especially if it's locked. And it being locked only slows them down by a few seconds because it can be broken open with a screwdriver. Then you have lost your drive and a damaged glovebox door, with scratches to the dash.