Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Sunshades "Not Compatible" with 2022 M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was happy to see that the Tesla Australia shop finally has the 2021+ Model 3 Sunshades available. However, when I went to place an order for my 2022 Model 3 Performance the sunshades page stated "This accessory is not compatible with any of your vehicles". Interestingly the 2017-2020 Sunshades page does not display the same warning. Is the shop just totally confused about my car's year model or perhaps is there something slightly different about the Performance model compared to Standard/LR models that doesn't allow the 2021+ sunshades to fit? Does anyone get the same problem, either with a 2022 Standard/LR Model 3 or the Performance Model?

Thanks.

This might not be useful info. But, last year I bought the two roof shades from Tesla and they stated they were for a date range that definitely did not match mine (mine is Sept 21 and the stated compatibility was only to 2020). But they fitted perfectly.

Here is the thread leading up to my purchase which MIGHT have some info relevant for you.

Reactions: Cujo Johnson
Didn't think the roof has changed at all since the Model 3 introduction (Other than centre pillar speakers in the 2024 refresh/ Highland).
My understanding is the dimensions stayed the same, but the change in manufacturing technique of the interior trim in 2021 made everything just a little tighter up there meaning the original shades bowed slightly when fitted.

"The glass itself is not smaller, but the headliner got chunkier. Probably happened when they switched to injection molded headliner (like the Y) rather than the compression molded fibre in the previous ones."

Last edited:
Reactions: moa999