Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance All Season Tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My link didn’t work the way I intended - sorry about that. Go to Tire Rack’s website and you’ll see that there’s a Tesla-specific version of the PS4S, that it’s 0.3 or 0.4” wider than the non-Tesla versions of the same tire, and that it starts with 0.5/32nds less tread than those other versions as well.

Doesn’t mean that you can’t buy other versions or that they won’t fit your car, but there are reasons Tesla specs a specific version of the tire in the first place.
Yeah I know what you mean. I noticed when dealing with replacement of one of the four tires I bought less than a month ago😳 due to irreparable damage. Thank goodness I bought the full replacement warranty and it had only been a month since buying the whole set.😅 They had several of the same tire but not all of them were what I was looking for. (Back to the AC type spec 🤓)

Many have reported a big drop in range/efficiency when switching from the OEM MXM4s. What has your experience been?
I don’t think about range loss. That’s mostly because my first EV was a Leaf. 😅 That thing can’t go far at all.

My road trips haven’t suffered as far as I can tell. The BMS gets wonky though. Having me stop for 5 or 10 minutes now and then. I was worried about it until I ran into three other owners whose trip had them do the same thing.

I don’t think about range loss. That’s mostly because my first EV was a Leaf. 😅 That thing can’t go far at all.

My road trips haven’t suffered as far as I can tell. The BMS gets wonky though. Having me stop for 5 or 10 minutes now and then. I was worried about it until I ran into three other owners whose trip had them do the same thing.

The Battery Management System asks you to stop??

Can you share the specs on those wheel/tire combo? I'm in need of a winter setup for my M3P and find it very confusing deciding what will fit.
I rolled these on my M3P+ for two seasons. For sale now. Niche 18” 5x114.3 boot pattern +40

Attachments

• FCB17D92-F0D1-45C4-9777-3DE107EC9C89.jpeg
    FCB17D92-F0D1-45C4-9777-3DE107EC9C89.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 251
  • D25BBE5B-AC18-4F06-90DE-A6868C194779.jpeg
    D25BBE5B-AC18-4F06-90DE-A6868C194779.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 131
  • B4082154-99CF-44E5-A01D-375B690D9B93.jpeg
    B4082154-99CF-44E5-A01D-375B690D9B93.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 142
How do the Pilot Sport 4S compare to the summer tire in terms of handling / cornering / accuracy of driving / range for a Model 3 LR RWD 18" ?

Is it better to get the crossclimate+ ones with 60k mile warranty and more road noise than the 45k mile warranty PS4S, as per 'handling metric 4/5' on both they should be roughly equivalent? I barely get 20k miles out of my previous Michelin Primacy and the warranty helped a lot with that.

I expect to have some rain driving in the winter but no snow, we take the X90D for that, so more concerned with fun factor on windy roads and sharp corners, maybe the occasional autocross event.

How do the Pilot Sport 4S compare to the summer tire in terms of handling / cornering / accuracy of driving / range for a Model 3 LR RWD 18" ?

Is it better to get the crossclimate+ ones with 60k mile warranty and more road noise than the 45k mile warranty PS4S, as per 'handling metric 4/5' on both they should be roughly equivalent? I barely get 20k miles out of my previous Michelin Primacy and the warranty helped a lot with that.

I expect to have some rain driving in the winter but no snow, we take the X90D for that, so more concerned with fun factor on windy roads and sharp corners, maybe the occasional autocross event.
PS4S is one of the best, if not that absolute best UHP Summer performance tires on the market. There are better track-oriented tires for handling, but for street use they are as good as it gets.

Cross Climates aren’t in the same category or league as far as performance driving

Whether the extra performance justifies the shorter tread life depends on your priorities.

Reactions: al503
I bought Cross Climate 2s and regret it. I'm in Texas, so if we move to a colder climate I am sure they are awesome but it really took the joy out of driving this summer.
Really ? Did love mine on the 2018 RWD LR, 18" coming from the mxm. cornering improved quite a bit. What size did you get ? Wondering what I can do for our new P3D with the 20" uebertuebine wheels. Because of the brakes downsizing is probably not an option ?

Really ? Did love mine on the 2018 RWD LR, 18" coming from the mxm. cornering improved quite a bit. What size did you get ? Wondering what I can do for our new P3D with the 20" uebertuebine wheels. Because of the brakes downsizing is probably not an option ?

Same (2018 RWD LR 18"), don't recall the OEM tires, but replaced with the same size.

But the cross climate 2s feel like they deform/fold in corning quicker than the stock tires. Definitely quicker traction control kick in (and loss of power).

On our 2021 Y we put on Bridgestone QuietRack and pretty happy with them, although not as good looking as the cross climate 2s.

• Informative
Reactions: Skryll
Same (2018 RWD LR 18"), don't recall the OEM tires, but replaced with the same size.

But the cross climate 2s feel like they deform/fold in corning quicker than the stock tires. Definitely quicker traction control kick in (and loss of power).

On our 2021 Y we put on Bridgestone QuietRack and pretty happy with them, although not as good looking as the cross climate 2s.
I got the suspension replacement in 2018 on the LR and compared to the P3 with the 20" Pirelli, the LR seems to lean more into the turn. Maybe that's why the tires don't deform as much despite me enjoying flying In and out of the bend ? The P3 seems to lose contact to the ground more.

Last edited: