Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2022.4.5. Charging Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After downloading 2022.4.5. I went out to the car to check out WHAT's NEW, got some of the missing ICON's back along the top of the screen - Yea. Noticed I hadn't charged the night before so I plugger her in and as we all do I wait until I see a positive charge rate on the screen before walking away. This time I noticed ALL the charging info was missing from the charging screen. Opened the driver's door, got in to take a closer look and all the charging info is there but in SMALL and in a LIGHT GREY text at the very bottom of the screen. You can barely see it.
G5ud0Ud.jpg

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Transformer and KJD
With posts like these, I'm almost glad that I'm running MCU1 and 2 year old software. But it's also pretty sad to be saying something like that. It's great that Tesla is streamlining and refining the interface, but to me it seems they've gone too far into the "we know what you need better than you do" territory. When I got my Tesla, I thought I'd never buy another brand of car. Now if I had to buy a new car, sadly I'd be looking elsewhere first.

It's too much hate in the world, but I HATE this change so much. I had my routine when I went down to the garage for any occasion. pushed button on a charger just wake up a car and see the progress. it's all gone. It's useless. A few days I thought they removed it completely after I realized they did font size 6pt. I made this photo from the window with 5x zoom.

You even can't use it. You can't see from outside and when you open a door, the screen disappears and changes to the regular one.

1646523783995.png

It's too much hate in the world, but I HATE this change so much. I had my routine when I went down to the garage for any occasion. pushed button on a charger just wake up a car and see the progress. it's all gone. It's useless. A few days I thought they removed it completely after I realized they did font size 6pt. I made this photo from the window with 5x zoom.

You even can't use it. You can't see from outside and when you open a door, the screen disappears and changes to the regular one.
Yes I agree 100%. This screen is so bad. It would be easy to fix if anyone at Tesla cared and they do not.

Indeed. The info in that now tiny, light gray text is needed to debug the charger setup. (JuiceBox Pro supplies low power until it's really time to charge, otherwise a Tesla will shut off charging.)

There was nothing to declutter. Meanwhile the huge diagram conveys only the present & max charge levels, approximately.