Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
IMG_9657.jpg

For sale Sold 2022.5 Model S Plaid White/White w/FSD

Sold
$69,000.00
Available for
  1. Local pickup
  2. Shipping
Year
Vehicle condition
Very Good
Odometer
25,000 - 50,000 mi (40,000 - 80,000 km)
Color
White
Vehicle includes
  1. Paint protection film (PPF)
  2. Ceramic coating
VIN number
5YJSA1E64NF473661
Status
This item has been sold and is no longer available!
Status
3 members are watching this marketplace listing
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You bet, and it’s about to get better. Price drop to $69,000. Lots of interest but no commitments yet, hope this helps sway someone’s mind :)
If $TSLA was at $300 right now, id prob consider selling some and buying your car and im local as well! Oh well, wish timing was better but no doubt this is fairly priced and someone will be really happy!

Unfortunately the only way to truly correct dirt under PPF is to remove it completely and re-wrap it. I am surprised they didn't honor their work under warranty since this should not have happened with proper prep/installation.
This is not necessarily true. I wouldn't blame this issue on the installer as there are many factors that can cause the film to lift. Likely these areas are due to me using a pressure washer to clean the car and the angle and distance I hold the nozzle, as the rest of the film (hood, fenders, lights, mirrors) are in excellent shape. Of course, the only way for 100% guarantee is to completely replace the film. However, since this is likely a problem I caused and not workmanship defect of the PPF installer, demanding a complete replacement of the film would be unreasonable. The PPF installer schooled me on the use of a pressure washer (I had not considered this before), and he fixed the existing film at no cost to me (although I bought the entire shop lunch as a "thank you" for their time). It looks very good in my opinion, certainly significantly better than it did before.

Reactions: M|S|M MYP
This is not necessarily true. I wouldn't blame this issue on the installer as there are many factors that can cause the film to lift. Likely these areas are due to me using a pressure washer to clean the car and the angle and distance I hold the nozzle, as the rest of the film (hood, fenders, lights, mirrors) are in excellent shape. Of course, the only way for 100% guarantee is to completely replace the film. However, since this is likely a problem I caused and not workmanship defect of the PPF installer, demanding a complete replacement of the film would be unreasonable. The PPF installer schooled me on the use of a pressure washer (I had not considered this before), and he fixed the existing film at no cost to me (although I bought the entire shop lunch as a "thank you" for their time). It looks very good in my opinion, certainly significantly better than it did before.
Thanks for the clarification. You are correct that a pressure washer would lift the film, i just figured you did not use one for fear of this reason.