Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP brake noise and power reduced warnings after wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a weird one. After checking over my vehicle last Monday and finding no flaws in fit and finish I thought I lucked out and got a perfect one, or so I thought.

Saturday morning I washed the car in preparation for installing PPF on the front end. After getting in the car to move it into the garage I heard a strange noise at the front left of the car. Whenever I would push on the brake pedal this noise would happen. The brake pedal would vibrate as well when stepping on it. At the same time a bunch of warnings popped up on the screen. These warnings were:

Power reduced
Steering assist reduced
Stability control disabled
Traction control disabled

Car barely made any power and struggled to get into the garage. I called Tesla roadside and they had me shut the car off and back on to see if it would fix it but no luck. Had the flatbed come and pickup the car to take it to the local SC. 220 miles on it. They should be looking at it today or tomorrow. I'm hoping it is just a loose connector that was not plugged in all the way allowing water to get in and not an entire drive failure. That's the only thing I can think of as it was driving fine since I got it.