Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model S warnings: regen braking, steering assist etc disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a brand new Model S LR. Drove off the lot and few hours later got :

- regen brakiing disabled
- stability control disabled
- power steering disabled
- lane centering disabled
- autopilot disabled
Etc errors

Errors went away after a few hours and everything was normal. Came back later next day. Turning the car became a huge pain. Ended up calling roadside assistance and getting it towed to service center. This is on a brand new car.

Has anyone experienced this before? How long did it take to fix? Can't believe I don't have the car next day of delivery :(

Got a brand new Model S LR. Drove off the lot and few hours later got :

- regen brakiing disabled
- stability control disabled
- power steering disabled
- lane centering disabled
- autopilot disabled
Etc errors

Errors went away after a few hours and everything was normal. Came back later next day. Turning the car became a huge pain. Ended up calling roadside assistance and getting it towed to service center. This is on a brand new car.

Has anyone experienced this before? How long did it take to fix? Can't believe I don't have the car next day of delivery :(
Datte Bayo!

Do you have any updates about the issue? If you search around, a lot of Model 3s are also seeing similar errors (including mine), often due to corrosion related to the steering rack or other mysterious steering rack failures. There's also a NHTSA investigation - https://www.reuters.com/business/au...er-steering-loss-into-engineering-2024-02-02/

I'm curious what the issue is for a new car, especially a different model.
I got the car after 2 weeks of ranting and raving. The were two main issues:
1. Speed sensor not working
2. ABS unit failed.
They replaced both and now it's working fine, although i feel like the braking distance has increased with the new unit. But generally it's working fine. *touchwood*. There is no mention of corriosion etc.

I met 2-3 more brand new 2024 model S buyers here who are facing the same issue. It comes and goes after system reset but DO NOT rely on that. Take it to service and get it fixed. Dont risk your life esp if you are planning long trips.

Hope others find this useful.

Reactions: X Fan