Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Issues - Stability Control Disabled, Front Motor Disabled, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting here as my car was in the service center for 4 full days and they were unable to diagnose. They *only* charged me $210... And now they want me to bring car back, but if they couldn't find the problem the first time...

My 2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD w/FSD has been having issues for the last 6 weeks or so. Here is a rundown of one particular case. This happens randomly maybe once a week or maybe multiple times per day. All will reset when the car has the chance to totally reboot. Power off + waiting ~5 mins or leaving the car and coming back later in the day. Sometimes issues are immediate when getting into the car after it's been parked, other times it happens while driving.

On freeway on autopilot. Autopilot suddenly disabled and cruise control disabled DI_a124, Automatic Emergency Braking is disabled APP_w009 popped up.

A few minutes later when exiting freeway, car gave indication "stopping for traffic control in xx ft". Usually this only pops up while on autopilot, but car was not on autopilot and autopilot could not be enabled. The indication was also incorrect -- it gave warning for the traffic control stop line far in advance of the actual location.

At this point noticed a reduction in power. While approaching an intersection, regen braking completely cut out. This resulted in a feeling sort of like failed brakes, as the car went faster than expected. Brakes did function at this point.

A few minutes later when approaching a stop sign on a steep downhill slope, ABS kicked in as I think the car detected slippage on the tires. I think the front brakes were disabled at this point, and the car was only braking via rear brakes.

Other errors noted: Stability Control Disabled, Traction Control Disabled, Cruise Control Disabled, Vehicle Hold Feature Unavailable.

During other events (over past few weeks) other issues included -- steering assist reduced, front motor disabled, significantly reduced power, so much that could hardly move from a stop light. Feeling like ABS kicking in (the pulsing sensation) even when mildly braking on dry roads.

Posting here as my car was in the service center for 4 full days and they were unable to diagnose. They *only* charged me $210... And now they want me to bring car back, but if they couldn't find the problem the first time...

My 2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD w/FSD has been having issues for the last 6 weeks or so. Here is a rundown of one particular case. This happens randomly maybe once a week or maybe multiple times per day. All will reset when the car has the chance to totally reboot. Power off + waiting ~5 mins or leaving the car and coming back later in the day. Sometimes issues are immediate when getting into the car after it's been parked, other times it happens while driving.

On freeway on autopilot. Autopilot suddenly disabled and cruise control disabled DI_a124, Automatic Emergency Braking is disabled APP_w009 popped up.

A few minutes later when exiting freeway, car gave indication "stopping for traffic control in xx ft". Usually this only pops up while on autopilot, but car was not on autopilot and autopilot could not be enabled. The indication was also incorrect -- it gave warning for the traffic control stop line far in advance of the actual location.

At this point noticed a reduction in power. While approaching an intersection, regen braking completely cut out. This resulted in a feeling sort of like failed brakes, as the car went faster than expected. Brakes did function at this point.

A few minutes later when approaching a stop sign on a steep downhill slope, ABS kicked in as I think the car detected slippage on the tires. I think the front brakes were disabled at this point, and the car was only braking via rear brakes.

Other errors noted: Stability Control Disabled, Traction Control Disabled, Cruise Control Disabled, Vehicle Hold Feature Unavailable.

During other events (over past few weeks) other issues included -- steering assist reduced, front motor disabled, significantly reduced power, so much that could hardly move from a stop light. Feeling like ABS kicking in (the pulsing sensation) even when mildly braking on dry road
Faulty autopilot computer

Pretty sure? Which one? I doubt this is an at home replacement... What should I ask the service center to do? (since they couldn't figure it out last time)
btw not trying to be demanding, sorry if the tone is off. I meant more like -- how sure are you that it is the autopilot computer, because if you are sure I can tell the service center that and I can request a replacement.