Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 trim on 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just realized that the new MX trim is blacked out from the factory. I'm more interested in the door handles and window trim than the back of the car. Does anyone know if those parts match a 2020 MX?

UPDATE: I just checked the part numbers and the front door handle bezel for my 2020 MX is "1627605-00-A" and the one for the new MX is "1627605-01-A" so I'm betting that they would fit. WooHoo!! 🎉

Now, does anyone know how much they might cost?

Last edited:
I just realized that the new MX trim is blacked out from the factory. I'm more interested in the door handles and window trim than the back of the car. Does anyone know if those parts match a 2020 MX?

UPDATE: I just checked the part numbers and the front door handle bezel for my 2020 MX is "1627605-00-A" and the one for the new MX is "1627605-01-A" so I'm betting that they would fit. WooHoo!! 🎉

Now, does anyone know how much they might cost?
Yeah, all trim pieces, except front bumper trim, fit all X. Door handles cost . I don't know lol, you can ask your local tesla service center, check my build thread

Reactions: RNHurt
Yeah, all trim pieces, except front bumper trim, fit all X. Door handles cost . I don't know lol, you can ask your local tesla service center, check my build thread
Yes, I checked with my local service center and they told me the cost of the door handle covers was $7 each. Can you believe it!? I thought the cost would be much higher. WooHoo!

Reactions: Loco_Nomad
It's the actual door handle itself. Old one metal and new black is plastic. Screwed in from the back. Need to remove door panel and the whole door handle assembly and then replace handle.

With a professionally done $500 chrome delete you get the exact same result:)