Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.2.10. 50 minutes update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UK model 2020 Model S LR. 2023.2.10 actually drove me to register here ;)

- stuttering audio, Apple Music unresponsive
- car location on nav map frozen, catches up intermittently
- speedometer lags e.g. will show 33mph when stationary at a junction
- dashboard randomly illuminates all dummy lights, which is fun
- vampire drain of roughly 2%/day

Yesterday I could not adjust the suspension height and the ride is uncharacteristically hard when set to Auto. Have asked for a rollback to last major release but don't even know if that's possible. First time asking, second Model S. Humm.
The vampire drain is probably sentry mode or your car is parked in close proximity to your key or phone at your house and constantly waking up.

However, all the other things sound like a bad MCU.

Experienced drain in the 2019 75 that I owned previously but never before in this LR and not a Sentry user. As with the weird suspension stuff, GPS location, laggy speedo and so on, the drain started the same morning this upgrade was applied.

No response from Tesla in the UK yet, will keep everyone posted.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
2023.2.10 staged, not yet installed
-YouTube already limited to 360P, on each of 4 random channels
-Space bar issue remained into the current ver. 2022.44.25.3 , though a reboot temporarily fixes. Will 2023.2.10 repair?
-8yr Batt. warranty expires this month!
Ugh, nothing seems good in posts (I don't know Thai). Tiny chance the battery crashes when any update resets a self-check, per WK057's posts. Choosing not to update, for now. May never again, unless I get forced in a service center parking lot (this can happen while charging).

Guys does anyone knows why is take so long for me to get the new update? 2023.2.10!? I never had to wait so long for an update!!!

It’s a slow rollout. Only about 25% of cars as far as TeslaFi shows.

I typically get new releases in the first 5-10% but I’ve had random releases where I didn’t get it until 60% or so have it.

With the major release supposed to be right around the corner, if you believe Musk. I’m thinking this latest release is to Iron some things out before the “major” release.

Reactions: Nintendo80
I started having download and Wi-Fi issues starting with 2022.44. Prior to that Wi-Fi NEVER disconnected at home and downloads were always speedy over the last 2 yrs. I had issues with 2022.44 taking hours after finally gettin Wi-Fi working again and now with 2023.2 its been hours and its only 25% downloaded. It also started with taking 30 minutes to finally getting Wi-Fi to work again. What the hell is going on with these updates???

I’ve had a lot of problems with my prior gen Nest WiFi. I can see a lot of the neighbors on the same bands so I have to assume that’s part of the problem.

I’ve been running a second network using the latest Nest WiFi and can’t see any neighbors on the same bands; not that they’re not there and I can’t see them. It’s been rock stable in comparison.

I started having download and Wi-Fi issues starting with 2022.44. Prior to that Wi-Fi NEVER disconnected at home and downloads were always speedy over the last 2 yrs. I had issues with 2022.44 taking hours after finally gettin Wi-Fi working again and now with 2023.2 its been hours and its only 25% downloaded. It also started with taking 30 minutes to finally getting Wi-Fi to work again. What the hell is going on with these updates???
Update, the download was lagging so badly it finally failed yet again. Strange that it worked flawlessly for 2 years and now won’t maintain a Wi-Fi connection?? I’m going to try a different router just to be sure, but everything else in the entire house which has a lot of devices works perfectly even in the garage. iPhone, iPad both have 2-3 bars and good performance in the same location as the car. Between this and the really crappy range on the Homelink compared to any other car made is getting really frustrating. Our new Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV can open our subdivision gate at more than double the distance with the Tesla M3.

My car updated to 2023.2.10 on Sunday but the car and app are still trying to install the same version again. App sees car as 2023.2.10. Car sees itself as 2023.2.10. But app is still prompting me to install 2023.2.10 seemingly again. Spoke to Tesla support, they said the version shows up correctly on their side and to just ignore it until the next update comes out. But will it prompt me to update for a newer version when 2023.2.10 is already "pending installation"? If I click release notes at bottom of screen in app, it shows me the notes for 2023.2.0.5.

Update, the download was lagging so badly it finally failed yet again. Strange that it worked flawlessly for 2 years and now won’t maintain a Wi-Fi connection?? I’m going to try a different router just to be sure, but everything else in the entire house which has a lot of devices works perfectly even in the garage. iPhone, iPad both have 2-3 bars and good performance in the same location as the car. Between this and the really crappy range on the Homelink compared to any other car made is getting really frustrating. Our new Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV can open our subdivision gate at more than double the distance with the Tesla M3.
Update, finally nailed it down to the Xfinity router. I had a mesh router that I wasn’t using and put the Xfinity Modem in bridge mode and tried it and viola, Tesla connectivity to Wi-Fi was resolved. The strange thing is that all other devices in the house worked fine with the Xfinity router except the Tesla. No idea what would cause that, but even bringing the car with 30 ft of the Xfinity router did not resolve the issue. It went from an occasional connection after reboots of the car, router, modem and forgetting the network to being virtually impossible connect. Very strange for it to only affect the car, but I’ll take the fix!

• Informative
Update, finally nailed it down to the Xfinity router. I had a mesh router that I wasn’t using and put the Xfinity Modem in bridge mode and tried it and viola, Tesla connectivity to Wi-Fi was resolved. The strange thing is that all other devices in the house worked fine with the Xfinity router except the Tesla. No idea what would cause that, but even bringing the car with 30 ft of the Xfinity router did not resolve the issue. It went from an occasional connection after reboots of the car, router, modem and forgetting the network to being virtually impossible connect. Very strange for it to only affect the car, but I’ll take the fix!
I strongly recommend the new Nest Wifi Pro btw for mesh