Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Software Update Download

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a phone notification that 2023.2.10 was ready to install. I installed it with no problems.

Usually, I get a notification that an update is available and is ready to download and I have to initiate the downoad.

Does the fact that the update downloaded without any action on my part indicate that it had a higher priority than other updates?

Got a phone notification that 2023.2.10 was ready to install. I installed it with no problems.

Usually, I get a notification that an update is available and is ready to download and I have to initiate the downoad.

Does the fact that the update downloaded without any action on my part indicate that it had a higher priority than other updates?
In over 3 years, two Teslas, and over 20 updates, I have NEVER had a phone call!

• Funny
Reactions: Zedbox
Once the car connects to wifi, it will always automatically download the update. We sometimes get the notification that an update is available for download before the car connects to the wifi, for example if you are driving around or out of town.

The thing you accept is the installation, because it makes the car unusable for 25-45 minutes. You don't accept the download.

Once the car connects to wifi, it will always automatically download the update. We sometimes get the notification that an update is available for download before the car connects to the wifi, for example if you are driving around or out of town.
That's probably what happened in my case with other updates. I've noticed that my car did not always connect to my WiFi at the house and those download notifications probably occurred at those times.

Thanks

Reactions: GtiMart
I ran into a similar issue. Troubleshooting something else (app couldn’t connect to the car), I noticed that my car wasn’t connected to my home wifi. Sorted that, but for fun I manually checked for a software update, expecting none. Lo and behold, there was one, and it downloaded. Turns out, I missed both beta 10.69.25.1 and .2, and I’m installing the latter now. I never had the update avail icon, so far as I can recall anyways. Shouldn’t the car notify me somehow that it needs wifi for a pending update?

Yes, the car normally checks for updates but I don't think anyone knows the exact "schedule" for checking. By checking manually you are forcing that verification. Note that you can only do this once a day now If you go there again in the same 24h period it does nothing.
If there is an update available for your car, it will notify and download it as soon as it gets wifi.

Congratulations, you now have the most current...ohh wait you are still 2 versions behind. 🤣