Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.2.10 Bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

enemji

Dec 12, 2021
USA
I have found one bug since the upgrade to 2023.2.10

When I set the car to TACC or AP (no FSD), it limits the speed to the current speed limit.
However when the speed limit changes, the car displays the new speed limit but continues with the older speed that was set. It does not bump the speed up to match the new speed limit.

I am unclear as to the first statement. When you engage TACC it will set the speed, if you want to go faster or slower just change it. Look in your manual for how.

the car displays the new speed limit but continues with the older speed that was set. It does not bump the speed up to match the new speed limit.

By deign. If you want to go faster change the speed setting.

Reactions: pilotSteve

When I set the car to TACC or AP (no FSD), it limits the speed to the current speed limit.
However when the speed limit changes, the car displays the new speed limit but continues with the older speed that was set. It does not bump the speed up to match the new speed limit.
Uh, it has been working that way for me for a year or more. Maybe I am misunderstanding something. TACC is supposed to work that way rather than being a bug. Perhaps you can clarify more :)

Reactions: FlyF4
I am unclear as to the first statement. When you engage TACC it will set the speed, if you want to go faster or slower just change it. Look in your manual for how.

By deign. If you want to go faster change the speed setting.
I never had to do that. It would automatically bump up or down the speed of the vehicle when the speed limit changed

I highly recommend you read the section in the manual called something like “To Use Traffic-Aware Cruise Control” as this explains how it works and how to make changes.
So you were not helpful enough to post the verbiage from the owner’s manual, I am doing so.
Please read carefully before blurting out anything.

“Warning:
When cruising at the speed limit, there may be situations where the cruising speed may not change when the speed limit changes.”

I hope this helps you understand that the “may not change” is now happening “all the time”.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyF4 and T-Mom
So you were not helpful enough to post the verbiage from the owner’s manual, I am doing so.

Don't be snarky! You have not even said the year and model of car you have and I do not have ESP! BTW, too many people do not bother to read the manual and there are too many posted questions that are answered if only they took the time to read the manual.

Don't be snarky! You have not even said the year and model of car you have and I do not have ESP! BTW, too many people do not bother to read the manual and there are too many posted questions that are answered if only they took the time to read the manual.
LOL. The owner’s manual is not by model year. It is the same for all model years.

• Disagree

Our car has never changed speeds on its own except at intersections and off ramps when fleet speed takes over.

However it does for many other people. What appears to be differentials are whether car is on TACC or AP (it apparently behaves differently between the two) and, I suspect the one that gets us but never bothered to try different, is whether you use setting to engage and maintain at speed limit or current speed. We engage at current speed which may explain why it will not speed up but wouldn’t exclude slowing down. Maybe that setting has changed?

This is UK behaviour which may differ from other locations.

Reactions: enemji
Our car has never changed speeds on its own except at intersections and off ramps when fleet speed takes over.

However it does for many other people. What appears to be differentials are whether car is on TACC or AP (it apparently behaves differently between the two) and, I suspect the one that gets us but never bothered to try different, is whether you use setting to engage and maintain at speed limit or current speed. We engage at current speed which may explain why it will not speed up but wouldn’t exclude slowing down. Maybe that setting has changed?

This is UK behaviour which may differ from other locations.
Here is a screenshot of what happens.
1. I engaged it when it was 35.
2. Limit changed to 45 and as you can see all the cars around me have taken off while I am left behind at the opd limit.
8FF6A4E5-F2A6-44CD-BBED-CBD09875BCE4.png

E3AAAF76-FF89-4427-ABFB-5790CEE6DBDC.png

• Helpful
That’s how mine works. Always has 3+ years. But some others cars behave differently. It seems to be to do with the two behaviours/settings I mentioned. Not unheard of for car settings to change during a software update. Might even be a driver profile difference. There is a relatively new setting that determines how TACC/AP engages when you tap and/or tap/hold the stalk - current speed or speed limit. I would see if that’s changed or is different across different driver profiles. You may not have intentionally/knowingly changed it - sometimes the settings have a mind of their own.

See this picture. I had set my limit at 7% so when it was 45, the max was 48. As I continued going down the road, the speed limit changed to 40, but the max stayed at 48mph and was indeed going that fast doing 48 in a 40 zone.
75344351-FCBA-4E4F-AB66-F1CB0DC64BE8.jpeg

Reactions: Nintendo80
Holy Moly - it worked today. I set my AP at 40mph zone. The street was empt and As I am going down, car slows down. I think “Phantom Braking?” Then I look at the dash and the speed limit is 30mph and the car had slowed down to that limit.

I knew I was not dreaming when I claimed my car changes speed based on the speed limit.

The only things I did between yesterday and today are
1. Cleaned my wiper blades
2. Restarted the computer 2 more times including turning off Autopilot and restarting and then accepting Autopilot all over again.

I doubt #1 was the difference maker.

Reactions: sleepydoc