Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.20.4.1 Service menu: low voltage battery option added

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla continues to add features to the service menu for our Legacy cars. To continue from my earlier post: 2023.12.1 Updated Service Menu and tools for legacy cars

They have no added the ability to choose which 12v low voltage battery you have in your vehicle as well as the steering angle alignment.

My 12v battery was not correct even though Tesla has replaced my battery a few years ago. (showing the original all red battery and not the installed gray top version). Maybe this will make the 12v battery last longer with the correct charging algorithm since it did give a warning message about selecting the wrong one could have adverse effects. 🤷‍♂️ I had to unlock the gateway via the instructions on the screen and then get out of the car and it rebooted and then showed the correct battery installed.
1687536261811.png

Steering Angle Adjustment:
1687536450410.png

Looks like Tesla continues to add features to the service menu for our Legacy cars. To continue from my earlier post: 2023.12.1 Updated Service Menu and tools for legacy cars

They have no added the ability to choose which 12v low voltage battery you have in your vehicle as well as the steering angle alignment.

My 12v battery was not correct even though Tesla has replaced my battery a few years ago. (showing the original all red battery and not the installed gray top version). Maybe this will make the 12v battery last longer with the correct charging algorithm since it did give a warning message about selecting the wrong one could have adverse effects. 🤷‍♂️ I had to unlock the gateway via the instructions on the screen and then get out of the car and it rebooted and then showed the correct battery installed.
View attachment 950115

View attachment 950118
Does anyone have the specifications for these 3 batteries? I would like to select the best option for charging the lifepo4 battery I just installed.

View attachment 950115

View attachment 950118
Did you get a warning saying you need to get out of the car after selecting this battery? When finished setting this up It says something about the gateway needing to reboot, but that does not happen? Tried getting out of the car, and resetting the computer, but looks like it is still the wrong battery.. any idea's? 🤷‍♂️

Did you get a warning saying you need to get out of the car after selecting this battery? When finished setting this up It says something about the gateway needing to reboot, but that does not happen? Tried getting out of the car, and resetting the computer, but looks like it is still the wrong battery.. any idea's? 🤷‍♂️
I think I did get a message about needing to get out of the car for the car to reset. Did you perform the instructions on the screen to unlock the gateway (I think it was something like holding the turn signal to the right for 10 seconds or something)?

Reactions: ElectricHorse
I think I did get a message about needing to get out of the car for the car to reset. Did you perform the instructions on the screen to unlock the gateway (I think it was something like holding the turn signal to the right for 10 seconds or something)?
Yes I did, got in, selected, turned green and said something like needing to reboot, but when I get out of the car for an hour or so nothing happens