Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.12.1 Updated Service Menu and tools for legacy cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall release notes for 2023.12.1 are posted and there are other threads about the new features in the service menu for the newer cars (3/Y) but I wanted to show you what the few options are for the legacy model S/X (my specs in signature). We dont get all the cool stuff that the newer models have but we now have feature for coolant fill and purge, thermal test, door handle information, and a BMS reset button. The coolant tools were there in 2023.6 but the door handle and battery BMS reset seem to be new. I havent used any of these items but I like the idea that Tesla is slowly adding the ability for 3rd party people to do basic repair tasks on their vehicles.

T_Thermal.jpg
T_Door.jpg
T_CCS.jpg

T_Battery1.jpg
T_Battery2.jpg
T_Battery3.jpg

T_Battery4.jpg

Reactions: davezforce
Where are other legacy cars on the remote/auto window features? I see some of the 3/Y vehicles are getting some of those features back. My 2015 S allows the windows to vent remotely and that is all. I am missing close windows on lock.
No, you aren't missing that feature if you mean it's a bug or something is messed up. Legacy models don't have the "pinch sensor" on the windows so our cars will never have the remote window features other than vent since it is against the law in the US to have a remote closing window without that anti-pinch safety feature.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
What the heck!! I have been doing the urban legend BMS reset ritual to reclaim some "lost" rated miles over past 12 months so this is timely. This BMW reset is now in service menu for 2020 S?? (wife has the car and is out of town so I can't quite check it!)

Why the nervousness about trying it, it obviously won't be in the service menu if its harmful?....