Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model X B Pillar cover removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
anyone have any good videos on this? I hear a rattle, seems to be coming from behind this panel. Sound metalic. Maybe some padding or a zip tie would fix it, once I can get to it.

1623857-01-F

Anyone have any leads on the 2023X service manual? The diagrams online are nice, but don't have the actual steps. Removing these in the correct order is usually easy, but wrong order and parts tend to snap.

thanks

Looks like this:

1701625881956.png

from the diagrams it looks like you have to remove the front and rear door sills first, then this part.

You can get a schematic of the interior trim in the parts catalog/manual and try to figure the order in which the trims come out.

I recommend a large monitor where you can zoom in the pdf and see the various clips numbered.

But why stress it and not open mobile service?

I have disassembled the A-pillar and speaker dash trim of both the model 3 and Y in one case to fix a rattle and in the other to fish out something that fell in the holes between the windshield and the dash, and it's a bit of a nightmare to re-assamble. This should be easy in comparison but with lack of videos you can easily break a clip.

Seems to me the sill comes 1st indeed (edit). Should be doable with a pry tool. If you DIY post a video :).

the bolt holding this assembly to the body was not tight. it felt tight when turning it in, so i'm guessing they thought it was. but I was able to turn it quite a bit more. this stopped it moving and the noise.

Looking at the diagram, remove part #9 first - I don't think you have to remove #10, the bolt that was loose was at the base of part #5.

It might help to remove the rubber seal first - just the areas you need to, should just pull out. then remove panel. reinstall is reverse. any work you do is at your own risk, I do mine because... especially for 'rattles' 'service' can be a bit#h.

the rattles/loose crap is... significantly better with each new Tesla I get. 2013, 2019, 2023. But I'm still amazed at how much quieter (rattle wise) almost anything else is. They are improving, and there is a TON of sound deadening stuff behind these panels on the X, but there is always room for improvement.
I'm also the kind of person who if a rattle exists, I'm likely to discharge a shotgun at the dash to fix it, cuz it DRIVES ME NUTS.

1704244100408.png