Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y - ACC/AP Not working from pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,
Posting this because I've done some searching and haven't seen anyone with this issue. I picked up a new 2023 Model Y LR on June 1. I didn't realize it until driving some, but the autopilot nor the cruise control would ever work/turn on/engage. Initially they told me it would be a quick fix. Then they pushed back my service date a week and said they were waiting for parts. I got pissed, someone called me, and they explained this was a unique issue and would need a new part and deeper investigation. I demanded a loaner vehicle, which they provided.

Flash forward 2 weeks to my estimated repair completion and I messaged in the morning if it will be done. They pushed it back to end of day that Friday 6/30. At 4pm when I was headed in, they called me and told me they installed the new computer and it didn't fix anything. They said they'd be escalating the repair and that an engineer would likely have to fly in to look at the car.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with HW4 or new Model Y? I'm getting frustrated, feel the communication is too limited, and

Hey everyone,
Posting this because I've done some searching and haven't seen anyone with this issue. I picked up a new 2023 Model Y LR on June 1. I didn't realize it until driving some, but the autopilot nor the cruise control would ever work/turn on/engage. Initially they told me it would be a quick fix. Then they pushed back my service date a week and said they were waiting for parts. I got pissed, someone called me, and they explained this was a unique issue and would need a new part and deeper investigation. I demanded a loaner vehicle, which they provided.

Flash forward 2 weeks to my estimated repair completion and I messaged in the morning if it will be done. They pushed it back to end of day that Friday 6/30. At 4pm when I was headed in, they called me and told me they installed the new computer and it didn't fix anything. They said they'd be escalating the repair and that an engineer would likely have to fly in to look at the car.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with HW4 or new Model Y? I'm getting frustrated, feel the communication is too limited, and
I too am very frustrated after picking up my Model Y standard range on July 20, 2023. Two weeks after picking up my car I requested service for no park assist, no cruise control or FSD beta. I received a service appointment two weeks later. After 8 days being in service and then leaning on the service advisor for a refund or replacement car I got an email my car was fixed early the next morning. They indicated they did not need to replace the HW4 computer, but instead it was a firmware issue. The missing features were back for 5 days when they went out again. I called Tesla service and they said a firmware update should come out by the end of the year. Really? No park assist, no emergency braking, no cruise control, no speed limit indicator on screen. And I am supposed to wait for Tesla to figure it out??? I loved the car at first but now I regret buying a Tesla. Should have kept my 2020 Ram 1500 truck. Do others have this issue? I have never been so disappointed and feeling of being duped by my Tesla experience. Can you say Lemon. Looking to exercise my rights with the Lemon Law in Massachusetts.