Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint bubble warranty denied model y 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started seeing small dime size paint bubble on passenger door after 6 months of pick up, with less than 6k miles. Multiple Service requests were cancelled with no reason provided.
In the last month or so I noticed another paint bubble near the old one.

Finally I drove to near by service center and they said if factory approves then it’s covered. They took photos and asked to come for a scheduled appointment. Yesterday I went there and their tech team lead saw it and said that it’s not covered under warranty. They would have covered it if it was with in 7 days of pickup. My car 2023 model y is 18 month old with less than 15k miles. Initial problem was discovered when it’s 7 month old.

I kept asking to speak to tech lead but the rep told me they don’t let them speak to me as it’s not their policy. In this age how could they do such a shoddy paint job and not cover if it’s bubbling. What kind of warranty is Tesla providing. If this is not covered.

Is this really not covered under warranty and if it’s covered but they are denying it in one service center what should I do?

Thank you to all the good folks who are helping folks like me.

IMG_0145.jpeg
IMG_3375.jpeg
IMG_0544.jpeg

For what it’s worth, the new car warranty does specifically exclude “any corrosion or paint defects”:

IMG_0181.jpeg

All the same, that’s pretty egregious. I would file for arbitration. If that doesn’t work I’d take them to small claims court.

Reactions: Gixx1300R