Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model y LR - steering vibration at 65mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as suspected. Foam came loose. They replaced the one tire (Driver's Front).
However, Tessie reported while the car was in for service, that the right rear PSI had gone to 0 - and looking at the pressures on the car, the right rear is reporting a higher pressure than the other three.
I can't seem to figure out how to tell the car to relearn TPMS... I just see changing the type of tires Summer/All Season, and Winter - or the type of Wheel. I don't want to reset the 6000 mile tire service counter - but is that the only way to get TPMS to relearn where the wheels are?

I also got the car up to the high 80s MPH, and felt some brief vibrations in the wheel (nothing as dramatic as before). I suspect the other tire foam may also be slightly dislodged.. I guess time will tell..

It sounds like the SC did not pop the beads and check all the tires, they just did one.. *shrug* we'll see how it goes.

If you have 25k+ miles might want to check the play between the right half shaft and the differential. That vibration that you keep chasing and cannot locate, may be the half shaft eating away at either differential side gear, or possibly a bushing between differential side gear and the half shaft. Root cause still unknown, as well as solution.