Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MXLR Acceleration Shudder and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was excited to collect my new 2023 MXLR in June 2023. Not so excited when acceleration shudder started occurring and Tesla had to replace but front half-shaft drive units at 1,500 miles. Seems Tesla has not fixed the design issue that was first identified seven years ago. So, fitted N2itive adjustable lowering links and adjustable rear camber arms kit to fix the negative camber issue that chews out tires as well. Issue has been resolved—no more shudder when flooring it. Car looks cooler being slightly lower as well, plus handles better. Not happy forking our nearly $3k to address a systemic design issue however—class action suit anyone? Kit fitted by Bluewater Performance in Denver, CO—they did a great job. Highly recommend N2itive (owner: Don). For more background, see N2itive.me. Other tidbits: Purchased LR versus Plaid only because Plaid does not come with 7 seat option. My Doberman insists on a bench middle-row seat for his hammock suite; full-body Ceramic Pro PPF by The Works Advanced Auto Detail in Boulder, CO—Tesla back paint…we know about this; some software gremlins—a few of these—auto wipers that have a mind of their own; Falcon wing doors that sometimes detect obstacles that aren’t there…might need to wear a helmet near them?; middle-row seat fold down adjustment buttons—a mystery on how and when/if they work; rear windows don’t go all the way down—my dog hates this. But, on the plus side—love the yoke! Love the panoramic front windscreen; Tesla performance—MX is a wonderful touring vehicle, which is what I wanted. Would I buy again—yes, but preferably without the mentioned issues.

Attachments

• 2023 MXLR.jpg
    2023 MXLR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • Lowering link.JPG
    Lowering link.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 99
  • N2itive kit.jpg
    N2itive kit.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Rear camber arm.jpg
    Rear camber arm.jpg