Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYP Wheel Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm nearing my first Tesla purchase of an MYP and I am interested in swapping the wheels for a square setup on 18" or 19" wheels. I'm a complete newbie here so any recommendations and tips are welcome. I'm mainly looking to enhance range and potentially performance. Price is not a major concern but I am also not looking to drop any ridiculous amounts of money - I'm not sure what the overall price ranges would be for this stuff.

Aside from that, I'm also looking for all-seasons to put on them so a solid combo recommendation is also welcome. I know there's a ton of threads on this and I've been reading through some of them, but hoping some experts can put in their 2 cents and overall opinions here.

Thanks!

I've seen on the forums that some had difficulty obtaining warranty repairs on steering/suspension/noise related issues when they had aftermarket wheels on. I would go with Inductions wheels and check with the SA if that affects warranty. Otherwise, keep your old set in case you ever need to bring the car in for service.

I've seen on the forums that some had difficulty obtaining warranty repairs on steering/suspension/noise related issues when they had aftermarket wheels on. I would go with Inductions wheels and check with the SA if that affects warranty. Otherwise, keep your old set in case you ever need to bring the car in for service.

This is incredible advice and I'll absolutely look into it!

I live in IL where our potholes have ZIP CODES, we have four seasons and I take 3 to 5 LONG road trips a year, so after owning a 2020 LR AWD for 25 months the first thing I did after ordering our 2022 MYP is to order some 18" tires/wheels from TSportLine with 245/50 Michelin.
bO3yRjh.jpg

QA25OAL.jpg

I wasn't able to swap them out until I had rolled up 25xx miles on the 21s with a 2k-mile road trip. So I had a baseline to compare my MYP to LR AWD and then with the 18s.
howQI9U.jpg

Best decision I could have made. My average wh/mi are as follows on the same 2K road trips from southern IL to southern MD via I-64:
2020 LR AWD with 19" Geminis: 275
2022 MYP with 21" UberTurbines: 315
2022 MYP with 18" TSTs: 285

My 1/4 performance also improved with the 18s:
2022 MYP with 21" UberTurbines: 12.09
2022 MYP with 18" TSTs: 11.89
5Ei6neU.png

Gonna do some more testing as I'm sure my MYP wasn't at optional temps when I tested with the 18s. My MYP rides so much nicer now too.

I no longer live in fear of potholes/curbs and am able to rotate them, and are cheaper to buy/replace. I kept the 21s and will reinstall them when I trade my 2022 in on an HW4 car.

I no longer live in fear of potholes/curbs and am able to rotate them, and are cheaper to buy/replace. I kept the 21s and will reinstall them when I trade my 2022 in on an HW4 car.

Thanks for all the info! I'm curious about this point as well. I've seen some posts about keeping the 21s for trade in/sale of the vehicle. Is this generally advised for resale value? I would be curious what the difference people have seen when selling/trading with aftermarkets.

If I were in the market for a used car, I wouldn't pay more or less for aftermarket wheels. So I feel it wouldn't affect the resale value either way. I'm not sure how Tesla buyers feel tho. They may have different tastes.

Thanks for all the info! I'm curious about this point as well. I've seen some posts about keeping the 21s for trade in/sale of the vehicle. Is this generally advised for resale value? I would be curious what the difference people have seen when selling/trading with aftermarkets.
When I traded in my 2020 LR AWD Y to Tesla I was specifically asked if I had any mods so I did mention the PPF and window tint, of course, I was told it didn't add any value to the car. They also asked if the tint was "legal". I told the gal it was. So knowing I was going to replace the 21s with 18s I had already socialized my 21s for sale. I asked how Tesla treats trade in's without the OEM tires/wheels. I was told the trade-in value would be lowered. She didn't know by how much too many variables. So I bought some storage bags and will put them back on if I trade my Y back to Tesla. If I sell or trade it to a third party I'll see how the wind blows and go from there. My 21s have 2500 miles on them and are MINT so they have some value on their own, as do the 18s. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I'm nearing my first Tesla purchase of an MYP and I am interested in swapping the wheels for a square setup on 18" or 19" wheels. I'm a complete newbie here so any recommendations and tips are welcome. I'm mainly looking to enhance range and potentially performance. Price is not a major concern but I am also not looking to drop any ridiculous amounts of money - I'm not sure what the overall price ranges would be for this stuff.

Aside from that, I'm also looking for all-seasons to put on them so a solid combo recommendation is also welcome. I know there's a ton of threads on this and I've been reading through some of them, but hoping some experts can put in their 2 cents and overall opinions here.

Thanks!
I’ve got a ‘23 MYP and just ordered another one which will deliver in a few weeks. I’d strongly recommend you keep your 21” wheels for a while to see how you like them. I really enjoy them - they look great and the ride isn’t rough at all, given the suspension improvements. And aesthetically, they look great. You paid for them, why not show them off?

If I were in the market for a used car, I wouldn't pay more or less for aftermarket wheels. So I feel it wouldn't affect the resale value either way. I'm not sure how Tesla buyers feel tho. They may have different tastes.
I certainly wouldn’t pay more. And I would expect the original 21” wheels if I were to purchase a used MYP. Heck, Tesla sells the set with tires for $4,500.

Thanks!
That was my plan when I finally got delivery of my 2022 MYP about a year ago.. I decided to get all the life out of the original 21’ Pirellies

Thanks!
That was my thinking when I received delivery of my 2022 MYP; But since I love the ride and look so much of the 21’ Pirellies, I decided to enjoy them and make the most out of them until they wore out. At 15K miles I installed a rear adjustable Camber kit by (GODSPEED Amazon) & all wheel alignment to make sure they wore out evenly.
Hopefully I’ll get 35-40K miles out of them and then buy a set of 20’s or maybe 19’s..