Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 plastic trim mounted under rocker panels missing two middle bolts/pushpins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The trim mounted under the rocker panels on my 2023 Model 3 has four covers you flip to access the bolts. Under the front and rear there are bolts but the two in the middle do not have a bolt or pushpin. I tried to hand thread the bolts from the front/rear into the two middle attach points but they appear to not be threaded. Neither the passenger nor drivers side are attached in the middle in any way. Seems kind of sketchy to me! Also, right next to the rocker panel front bolts where the left/right wheel well guards attach have no bolt or fastener of any kind, it's just hanging there.

Anyone else discovered these issues or am I just lucky?

Regards, Ron

"The trim mounted under the rocker panels on my 2023 Model 3 has four covers you flip to access the bolts. Under the front and rear there are bolts but the two in the middle do not have a bolt or pushpin. I tried to hand thread the bolts from the front/rear into the two middle attach points but they appear to not be threaded. Neither the passenger nor drivers side are attached in the middle in any way. Seems kind of sketchy to me! Also, right next to the rocker panel front bolts where the left/right wheel well guards attach have no bolt or fastener of any kind, it's just hanging there.

Anyone else discovered these issues or am I just lucky?"

I just noticed the black plastic beneath the car is coming away from the rocker panel on front driver side. Is that what you're talking about?? Purchased May 2023.

Thanks

Aliza
IMG_3246.JPG
IMG_3246.JPG