Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.24.1 rolling out Active Noise Cancellation on Refresh Model S - how good is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it is included in the new software update. Hopefully other refreshed S get .24.
Is ANC included or are you asking if it included? @omarsultan @Ramphex @HumanInput @WilliamG

I'm frothing at the thought of ANC working. Really interested to see how this behaves. Given I'm still on the crappiest of crap release firmwares (kinda/sorta works, but not really) I hope I get invited to the EAP at some point.

What's the deal with them not updating the cars within a timely manner? There has already been a couple of released since the one that came with my car by default. 2021.12.25.7 and 2021.24

Disney+ says that car needs to be on 2021.24 to function, Tesla Support tells me "wait a couple of more weeks and you might get it" after chatting with them online. What does that mean I might get it? Why would I not have these features in a brand new 2021 Model S? 😅😅 2 more weeks? They said my Feb order was going to come in March.... Will I get 2021.24 in 2021 based off the previous time frame experiences?

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi and cwanja
What's the deal with them not updating the cars within a timely manner? There has already been a couple of released since the one that came with my car by default. 2021.12.25.7 and 2021.24

Disney+ says that car needs to be on 2021.24 to function, Tesla Support tells me "wait a couple of more weeks and you might get it" after chatting with them online. What does that mean I might get it? Why would I not have these features in a brand new 2021 Model S? 😅😅 2 more weeks? They said my Feb order was going to come in March.... Will I get 2021.24 in 2021 based off the previous time frame experiences?

Patience, grasshopper! Those updates will come in time...

Reactions: WhiteWi
I’m just trying to figure out how this Tesla “time” works. Expected March LR order came in July. Expected June Plaid has been blank until the other day. Production issues, part shortages, resin shortages, paint shortages, I get it. Sure. Why is someone else driving the same car with a SOFTWARE update TWO releases over mine? Bandwidth shortages? I don’t understand 🤔.

I don’t care much for Disney+ but the lack of a functional dashcam viewer has been annoying the hell out of me. Get into the car that tells me I have 3 sentry mode events but I can’t view them until I get home and plug the USB drive into my computer. Apparently it works fine on 2021.24 and even has a dock button! But I can’t have it, 2 more weeks.

35EC34DD-6EB5-46C0-8181-8C21448FC33F.jpeg

I’m just trying to figure out how this Tesla “time” works. Expected March LR order came in July. Expected June Plaid has been blank until the other day. Production issues, part shortages, resin shortages, paint shortages, I get it. Sure. Why is someone else driving the same car with a SOFTWARE update TWO releases over mine? Bandwidth shortages? I don’t understand 🤔.

I don’t care much for Disney+ but the lack of a functional dashcam viewer has been annoying the hell out of me. Get into the car that tells me I have 3 sentry mode events but I can’t view them until I get home and plug the USB drive into my computer. Apparently it works fine on 2021.24 and even has a dock button! But I can’t have it, 2 more weeks.

View attachment 695727
Yeah it's kinda crappy. I can open Dashcam viewer with the voice command, so that's good, - seems odd you can't, but... that's Tesla for you. Don't sweat the software updates. They will come, of course, and are sorely needed.

View attachment 695727
You can try submitting a service request for software and see if they can push it. But could be another couple of days until they get to it. Or head to a service center if you are out and about. People claim you can toggle "standard / advanced" ten times and get it - but that has never panned out.

But at least you can do "open butt hope" and your charge port opens?!

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex