Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Highland (Canada) Odometer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A demo can be a new car, so those terms are not exclusive to one another, and "demo" isnt a regulated term. Its up to you to ask Tesla that. That amount of miles is more than a typical "brand new never driven" car would have, so it moved around for some reason. It could be as simple as they drove it from one location to another.

New cars that havent been driven except for build and delivery tasks usually have less than 15 miles on them.

With that being said, I will say one more time a car being a "demo" or not has zero to do with whether its being sold as new or used. A car that was used by a dealership and driven for 1000 US miles can still be sold as a new car, depending on whether they took ownership of it or not.

Your question is more along the line of "was this car used previously, or what is the reason for these additional miles?" and you need to ask tesla about that.

My Canadian Highland M3 LR has 65 km (~40miles) listed on the MVPA odometer report. Is this a new car or a demo?
Tesla tends to put a default down on things like the odometer report. What does it actually have?

I believe the reasoning is that people don't care if Tesla puts the number high and the vehicle is lower. that's like free miles.
But it makes the paperwork significantly easier for Tesla. They don't have to go out and physically confirm the number at delivery time.

Tesla tends to put a default down on things like the odometer report. What does it actually have?

I believe the reasoning is that people don't care if Tesla puts the number high and the vehicle is lower. that's like free miles.
But it makes the paperwork significantly easier for Tesla. They don't have to go out and physically confirm the number at delivery time.
Yes but generally it is 20-30km, you only see 50km+ on Tesla's inventory section and usually those are discounted somewhat.