Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 - Light Strip Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kmrnt

LR: White/Black/19” - DD 4/20
Mar 18, 2024
miami
Anybody take this in for repair yet?

This is happening on both driver and front passenger doors.

I’ve got an appt scheduled for June 1st.
Will update this thread along the way..
IMG_2236.jpeg

Got an update:
Apparently the entire door panel would have to be replaced, and can be done via mobile tech..? Hopefully they’re wrong about the tech piece, as I’m not too keen on replacing the entire panel to begin with.

Just got back from service today for this issue - both front driver and passenger side only. They replaced both sides (entire panel), and they look great now. BUT, the drivers side has a slight dent (about 1mm in size) in the panel, which they pointed out to me, and they've scheduled a mobile appointment in a couple weeks to replace the drivers side again as they didn't have another panel available. Glad to see the bubbling or whatever gone!

Reactions: kmrnt
Just got back from service today for this issue - both front driver and passenger side only. They replaced both sides (entire panel), and they look great now. BUT, the drivers side has a slight dent (about 1mm in size) in the panel, which they pointed out to me, and they've scheduled a mobile appointment in a couple weeks to replace the drivers side again as they didn't have another panel available. Glad to see the bubbling or whatever gone!
That's awesome man, glad it's sorted for you. Is the lighting any brighter 😄