Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 M3P bucket seat creaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Have owned my 2024 M3P for 2 weeks. I am going in for service for the common front dash rattle but also recently discovered a creaking noise whenever I push on the seat leather just below the ludicrous logo on the driver seat. I was wondering if anyone had the same issue and whether any attempted a DIY fix? If I can access the foam inside I think I should be able to address, but not sure how the back cover of the seat opens up.

I first noticed it when I pulled out of my work parking garage and heard it creak while my shoulders were pressed against it during a 90 degree turn. I can reliably make it creak when I am out of the seat by just pressing on it. I think it's probably a similar cause as the older seats where a stopper has fallen down from the top of the support rod and is stuck in the shoulder area of the seat.

Same issue (M3P’24, EU variant).

That's a shame that even Shanghai can't get these built properly. Mine has gotten worse and it sounds like an empty plastic bottle getting scrunched at every turn. My service appt is tomorrow so I am hoping that it's an easy fix.

BTW I did find the online service manual where it shows how the back seat cover can be unclipped from the bottom, but this is based on the base model 3 seats. It seems like the process should be similar with the M3p so if service can't address it tomorrow I will DIY.

Reactions: Jangy
Of course the tech couldn't replicate the sound when he was sitting on it, most likely because he moved the seat and that altered something. Also we both noticed the headrest had partially popped off which may have been contributing to it, but I don't think it was the main cause. He just snapped it back in to be flush.

I asked him if he can remove the back seat cover to check, and when he did he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. To remove, you have to get your fingers into the gap and slide it up from the bottom to pop it out from the top. He recommended not doing it myself as the plastic tabs can break easily.

I did notice on my drive home the creak was gone but I would guess it will return with time.