Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Performance Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jree

Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2020
San Diego
Small issue. But got my performance yesterday in San Diego.

Front camera was fine yesterday but today all day got a warning about it being blocked or blinded. Hard rebooted 3x, reset camera calibration, wiped windshield. Nothing worked. Service is Wednesday.

Also, going into settings, Lights, and did not have a blind spot indicator light setting. Also noticed my a pillar speaker has no red dot when signaling with someone in my blind spot. Not sure if software issue or what.
IMG_0673.jpeg

I get that message all the time if the camera is in direct sunlight. I realize mine is a 2018 and not a 2024, but I would bet they tell you "normal, make sure to keep it clean, if the camera is in direct sunlight you might see this message" or something like that.

I get that message all the time if the camera is in direct sunlight. I realize mine is a 2018 and not a 2024, but I would bet they tell you "normal, make sure to keep it clean, if the camera is in direct sunlight you might see this message" or something like that.
Oh interesting. It was rather cloudy but maybe it’s normal. I just can’t do cruise control at all

Oh interesting. It was rather cloudy but maybe it’s normal. I just can’t do cruise control at all

Yeah if the camera is blocked it wont want to use Traffic assisted cruise control (TACC), or Autopilot with steering.

I dont normally see the front camera though, I usually see one of the side ones (right or left). Im in Temecula / North County SD though.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
You should check out the camera preview option under the service menu in the car and look at what each camera is seeing. It might be interesting to see what the two forward facing cameras look like.
I did before, I no longer have access since it's in service.

It looked clear as day to me. Visualizations on the screen showed cars on all sides and nothing looked off. weird.

From a hardware perspective, if the camera wasn't mounted properly, it can cause this issue. I had to have one of mine relaced a long time ago for a similar issue. The image was clear but it was shifted.
I wasn't even aware that the new car has the indicator for blind spot in the A pillar. My '23 doesn't have that. I've wondered about getting a new release on a car, but I'm hoping it's all stuff that is easily fixed. Hope you're enjoying it

Lol the service center said the car is so new they dont know what's wrong. First M3P in the shop. They had to escalate this to the engineers and had to start a "Session", the engineers have to review and build a repair plan...

edit: they don't think it's a hardware issue. But I'm scouring forums and Facebook and it doesn't seem like anyone else who has had this issue since taking delivery.

Last edited: