Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Ultra Red with Rimetrix Medusa wheel covers reduce curb rash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the original Rimetrix on my M3 for 4 years, and they held up really well and I feel are much higher quality than the cheaper options I found online. I even hit a curb once and the cover took all of the damage and the rim was undamaged. So after researching the lower cost options I decided to stick with the made in the USA Rimetrix and just ordered and received the Medusa for my new 2024 MY. I think they look great with the ultra red the only other change I have made was tinting the front windows. Total time to install was about 10 minutes and most of that time was installing the foam tape. Medusa Wheel Covers for Tesla Model Y - Rimetrix
I did use another members discount code but found out that if you add anything else besides a set of rims to the cart it will not give you the discount. So had to drop the $11 rim foam to get the $20 off, but the foam tape came with the rims but not mentioned on the website! So do not add them to your cart when you order. Very easy to add the foam and think it should help reduce any damage to the rims with a curb strike.
Remember before you swap tires to remove the caps and then the covers, I went to Discount this spring on my old M3 and they almost broke the covers trying to pull them off without first removing the locking covers - at least I now know they work to lock the rims well.

Attachments

• 20240424_130628.jpg
    20240424_130628.jpg
    971 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240422_131003.jpg
    20240422_131003.jpg
    919.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator: