Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'21 MYLR much FASTER than '23 MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so hear me out. We have both as you can see in my signature. Build quality is alright with the MYLR given creaks and rattles but some Post Malone helps drown that out...

But I take my wife's '21 MYLR into work from time to time and I mean it feels so much faster, agile and fun to drive than my '23 MYP. Does the bigger wheels really make that much of a difference or is this something I should look into? I mean it's night and day feeling...

We have a 21 MYP and switch between the 19" Winter set-up and the 21" Uberturbines for the summer. It doesn't feel any faster with either set. Turn in feel is better with the 21's, but that's about it. The MYP is considerably faster 0-60 that the MYLR.

Okay so hear me out. We have both as you can see in my signature. Build quality is alright with the MYLR given creaks and rattles but some Post Malone helps drown that out...

But I take my wife's '21 MYLR into work from time to time and I mean it feels so much faster, agile and fun to drive than my '23 MYP. Does the bigger wheels really make that much of a difference or is this something I should look into? I mean it's night and day feeling...
Ensure your MYP is not accidentally in “Chill” driving mode. You want it in Sport if you want full power.

Reactions: WyoDude and 804son
There was another thread a while back where the poster said their YP felt slower than a loaner 3LR+AB. Looks like Tesla was going to replace the front drive unit but they never updated if that fixed the issue.

Reactions: WyoDude
There was another thread a while back where the poster said their YP felt slower than a loaner 3LR+AB. Looks like Tesla was going to replace the front drive unit but they never updated if that fixed the issue.

I have both the YP and 3LR+AB, in a straight line, they feel almost identical. The stated acceleration from 0-60 per tesla are almost identical as well. Once in the twisties, the 3 has all the advantage.

Thanks for the responses and input guys. I checked and it's not in Chill mode...I mean the YP doesn't limp by any means but definitely a different breed (lesser) than my MYLR...I love driving the MYLR now...

Wife has confirmed YP feels substantially heavier and not a neck snapper...

Last edited: