Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 Rims Model y Performance other specifications?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all,

My first message here, but did read a lot..
I ordered a Model Y performance (not delivered yet).

Because here in this country you see a lottttt of model Y, I customize it directly after delivery.

So before I order parts..

I want to add other rims, I found the specification about the Size/offset etc on google. BUT..
When I want to get the Rims more protected.. I want to have the tire going a bit outside of the rims a little bit (because of scratching it to the sidewalk by accident, (or my wife drives).

The 'normal' values are for the turbine wheels:

• 21X9.5J ET45 (front)
  • 21X10.5J ET48 (back)
But when I want to have a bit more protection for my rims.. what size/J/ET I have to order?
Maybe I order 20'.. will see how bumpy it is with the 21'.. I only did a testdrive with the Longrange on 20'

Will show you the end result when the custom shop is finished :)

I have this in mind :), with a Custom wrap and other stuff.

Attachments

• 21001.jpg
    21001.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 95
Greetings all,

My first message here, but did read a lot..
I ordered a Model Y performance (not delivered yet).

Because here in this country you see a lottttt of model Y, I customize it directly after delivery.

So before I order parts..

I want to add other rims, I found the specification about the Size/offset etc on google. BUT..
When I want to get the Rims more protected.. I want to have the tire going a bit outside of the rims a little bit (because of scratching it to the sidewalk by accident, (or my wife drives).

The 'normal' values are for the turbine wheels:

• 21X9.5J ET45 (front)
  • 21X10.5J ET48 (back)
But when I want to have a bit more protection for my rims.. what size/J/ET I have to order?
Maybe I order 20'.. will see how bumpy it is with the 21'.. I only did a testdrive with the Longrange on 20'

Will show you the end result when the custom shop is finished :)
Spending thousands of dollars for new rims and tires is for rim protection is not necessary. If you prefer to have two sets of tires and rims for aesthetics, that is quite different. Go for it! MYP's no longer come with summer tires from Pirelli. You should get Michelin Pilot Pros which are all season. Great set of tires, by the way. That said, there are a variety of rim protectors on the market that will prevent curb rash.

I use alloygators

MYLR 7 seater upgraded with 21 inch Uberturbines