Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance - Incognito?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm planning on ordering a Model Y Performance at the end of this year.
Here's the catch, I want the Performance incognito meaning I don't want anything external of the car indicating its the Performance trim.
No dual motor sign anywhere.
No red (or orange) line sign.
No red brake calipers. (Grey covers?)
No other labels indicating Performance.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I might hit up the Tesla store in a few months and ask. I'm not in a huge rush.

Thanks in advanced!

The red line under 'dual motor' can be removed with a hairdryer and a bit of dental floss. The Carbon spoiler I guess needs the same treatment as ultimately its just stuck on with 3M tape. Wheels can be replaced but that is a significant cost. Calipers can be painted I guess, or I think there are after market caliper covers which maybe could be used. Seems a heck of an effort and expense to go to although I'm sure you have your reasons.

BTW: If you are removing brand new Uberturbines and looking to move them on, let me know :)

Reactions: Msicario
Tesla only sells it one way.
Keep the spoiler. It increase efficiency and downforce.
Rear brake caliper is just a bolt on cover that can be removed.
Get the 19 Gemini wheels with cover and you can't see the brakes.
Remove the badge if you want too, no one really knows what they are looking at.

So I'm planning on ordering a Model Y Performance at the end of this year.
Here's the catch, I want the Performance incognito meaning I don't want anything external of the car indicating its the Performance trim.
No dual motor sign anywhere.
No red (or orange) line sign.
No red brake calipers. (Grey covers?)
No other labels indicating Performance.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I might hit up the Tesla store in a few months and ask. I'm not in a huge rush.

Thanks in advanced!
Not hard to remove emblems, spoiler and paint over the Red caliper's; Also you can change wheels .. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol! You can swap out all your calipers for silver versions from MYLR's. Everything is the same. Bolt on! No one will really question your car is a little lower. If you're looking for a sleeper to go stop light hunting, no one will really bat an eye if it's a MYP or MYLR. It's all the same to other people but enthusiast. 😁

Reactions: covacure