Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Rims on 265/35 R21 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI the ContiSilent tires CAN be repaired... just some/most shops want to sell you another set of tires. I'm putting a set on this week to replace my PS2s. I have the 21" staggered OEM wheels and I'm going with the stock sizes.

Before you change your PS2s, do you have a pic showing the amount of rim protection that the PS2s give your 21" rims? I wondered if the it's just the Conti 5P tire that has insufficient rim protection?

Looks like I can get 265 30 R 21's instead of 35's in PSS... Would it matter much?

It would just decrease the sidewall height from 35% to 30% of the tread width.
The objective to keep the overall wheel and tire diameter as close to equal from Front to Rear.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...atios&ef_id=V89p-AAABNJi7Iiz:20160908073932:s

upload_2016-9-8_0-47-5.png

• Informative
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I called Michelin and apparently they have no plans to make 265 or 285 for the next 4 weeks. He said to check back in another month to see if they plan to produce them. I thought that was odd since we are all in need of these tires.

We know that the 265/35-21's are being made in PSS. Michelin has just decided not to release them to the public yet. Tesla Factory is the only one to recieve them so far.

Yes, I've been working on a chart. Now just need to figure out which ones are in stock and pick. I may have a few errors below, but it all should be close.

View attachment 193661
Only error I see right away is the rev per mile on the 245/45/19 is actually 750. I would like to see the 255 in there as well as Personaly I've been looking at 255 in 19-20-21 size for the front

I was actualy looking at a set of 20" carbon fiber rims with 255 40 20 PSS also the PSS are available in 255/40/19 or 255 35 20 or 255 30 21. I plan to go square 255 /40/ 20 all around for better handling vs the staggered fitment if i find wheel slip I will eventually upgrade the rear to 275/35/20 or 285/35/20 in the rear though I'm hopeful the non staggered PSS will be perfect for the car even with the P100DL upgrade I plan to do when available

Get a set of "winter tires" on 19 " rims. I run PS2's for the winter as I don't do much snow driving as I'm sure you don't either in San Diego. The car performs better on wet roads with 19" tires anyway. Then you can get the PSS for the summer when they become available.

Okay! I need rear tires STAT! PSS's are not available in 265 35 R21 yet, likely next month but I'm out of tread on the inside. I can put 285 30 R21 or 285 35 R21. Any ideas what I should do???

If you're interested, I have two Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, 265/35/21 taken off a P85+.

Tire #1: No plugs, patches, bulges or blemishes. 6/32 of tread remaining
Tire #2: Has one hot patch. No bulges or blemishes. 7/32 of tread remaining (almost 8/32)

I'm asking $300 for them, plus shipping, not sure what that would be to San Diego, though. I also have photos if you need.

Winter in San Diego is like Summer in San Diego. Twenty-One inch rims year-round is not a problem. :)

Guess what! I found 265 PSS's!! Big O Tires in Pacific Beach (San Diego) has them!! I'm installing 245's in front and 265 in rears tomorrow.

HankLloydRight, I'd take you up on the offer but by the time you ship them it wont be worth it. Shot out for running a great firmware tracker website! Let me know if you need a place to host it, I have a place to do that. :)