Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2109 Model 3 sleeper/stealth package. No track mode and 145 speed limiter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still leaning towards the new M3P order(about pulled the trigger last night) but saw a used one that caught my eye on Teslas website. It is listed as a performance and I called Tesla and asked the details about it and she said it is the sleeper model and is speed limited to 145 since it doesn't have the bigger brakes and I asked her if it had track mode. She did some digging and said it does not have track mode. So it basically is the long range but with the P 0-60? Why it caught my eye is I like the color and I know everyone here says don't worry about FSD but it's $12,000 if you want to add it to a new one making the one I want over 70,000 if I went that route. So I am kind of stuck now either between brand new M3P, 2019 Stealth or slim chance of Long range + acceleration boost.

All Ps get track mode and the 162 mph top speed.

You can see a P3D- owner confirming getting the top speed update back in May 2019 here:

And several confirming it got track mode a couple months earlier:

Check the display, if the dual motor has a red underline on the info screen it's a P. Otherwise it's not. That's the most reliable way to tell.

All Ps get track mode and the 162 mph top speed.

You can see a P3D- owner confirming getting the top speed update back in May 2019 here:

And several confirming it got track mode a couple months earlier:

Check the display, if the dual motor has a red underline on the info screen it's a P. Otherwise it's not. That's the most reliable way to tell.

This is for sale on Teslas website. And as far as I know you can't even go look at a used Tesla on their site before you buy. It lists it as a performance model but shows the top speed as 145 on the site. and the lady at Tesla looked up stuff and acted like she knew what she was looking up and said it didn't have track mode.

I'd love the stealth if it has track mode. I don't like the wheels on the new P. The 2019 has FSD which may not be a big deal now but is cool to have. I might still just go brand new. Costs more but brand new and more warranty. Downside is I hate the wheels and no FSD. haha

This is for sale on Teslas website. And as far as I know you can't even go look at a used Tesla on their site before you buy. It lists it as a performance model but shows the top speed as 145 on the site. and the lady at Tesla looked up stuff and acted like she knew what she was looking up and said it didn't have track mode.

I'd love the stealth if it has track mode. I don't like the wheels on the new P. The 2019 has FSD which may not be a big deal now but is cool to have. I might still just go brand new. Costs more but brand new and more warranty. Downside is I hate the wheels and no FSD. haha

Rando online sales people for Tesla generally do not know what they're talking about (this isn't much different from legacy car sales people).

They know whatever their system tells them, not much about what's on the actual car.

But if it lists as performance then it will have the higher top speed and track mode, period.

So if you want it, order it-- when it shows up for delivery, you can physically check for the red underline on the screen- and reject delivery if it's not there since it's not the car you ordered.

Rando online sales people for Tesla generally do not know what they're talking about (this isn't much different from legacy car sales people).

They know whatever their system tells them, not much about what's on the actual car.

But if it lists as performance then it will have the higher top speed and track mode, period.

So if you want it, order it-- when it shows up for delivery, you can physically check for the red underline on the screen- and reject delivery if it's not there since it's not the car you ordered.
It is listed as performance. And I thought she was probably wrong although she seemed pretty convincing on what she knew and what she didn't know. lol. I knew you guys on here would know for sure! I actually really like the stealth and then having FSD is the icing on the cake. So now the debate comes between having new with all the updates and full warranty. Or used stealth thats 10k cheaper and has fsd.... If I didn't hate the 20" ubertine wheels the new decision would be easier. And I know they can be changed but wheel selection is slim for the P models.

Thanks all for the help!