Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22" bent rim repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
has anyone had a bent rim repaired (rather than replaced)? last week the steering wheel and front seats started vibrating when going over 50mph. took it to discount tire for balancing and inspection and they said the left front was slightly bent. there is no visible damage on the inside or outside of wheel (no cracks or anything), so i don't really know what happened. it is possible it was a small pothole, but i don't recall driving into one or hitting anything that was jarring or violent!

anyway, they were able to balance the wheel with 9 oz of the weights, but they said it's not going to be 100% perfect. driving home though, it felt great again, no more wobble.

if i don't replace, i may get some uneven tire wear. i'm already at 14k miles on the original pirelli scorpions. but other than that, it's basically slightly "out of round". i was wondering if anyone here has experience with fixing a rim at a shop? tesla says a new rim is $1500 which is just crazy.