Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd & 3rd rows AC vents blowing warm air - Please help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Any idea why the driver side 2nd and 3rd rows AC vents (left side) blowing warm air instead of cold air even when the rear internal temperature is set to 69-70 degrees?? (FYI, Outside temperature is 90's)

Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

Hi, Any idea why the driver side 2nd and 3rd rows AC vents (left side) blowing warm air instead of cold air even when the rear internal temperature is set to 69-70 degrees?? (FYI, Outside temperature is 90's)

Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

Loosen O-ring or something went wrong with AC. Contact Tesla service ASAP.

Please make sure that the problem happens continuously whenever you turn the AC on and that is does not appear randomly. If the problem appears randomly make note of the time you turned on AC. Because service center has to look through a bunch of data for every system and this is often thousands of responses from system sensors each minute the more precisely you can identify the time the easier for them.

If you want a quick answer, I'd recommend Tesla's online chat support. The chiller on my Model X went out, so I had no A/C. The chat agent was able to pull the vehicle logs, determine the chiller was throwing an error code, and scheduled a service center appointment, with a note about which part needed replacing.

It definitely helps to know the approximate dates/times when the problem occurs (or when it started).

There is someone in the rear seats? The rear A/C is usually off if no one is there.

And to clarify, the front seats are getting cold air, right? So I'm thinking it's not a compressor problem.

And to clarify again, this is a 6 or 7 seater I assume, since you mentioned the third row. They have, at least for my vintage, two compressors. So it could be just a rear A/C compressor problem.

Thank you all. I'll note the exact days and hours.

Yes, I had my family was on the 2nd and 3rd rows. It's a 6 seater configuration. The right side and rear center vents were blowing cold air (although not too cold). The left side vents were blowing humid air. Not sure the exact cause of why only one side worked.

Also based on other vehicles I own, overall the MX AC strength and output of the cold air is much lower. Anyone else have similar issues?

Hi Go2019,

What is the REAR A/C setting for temperature? It is possible to be different from the front settings....

Someone earlier mentioned 2 compressors in the 6 and 7 seat models.
I believe they all have a single compressor but there is an additional cooling coil and blower in the right rear
of the 6 and 7 seat models that the 5 seat version does not have...
The 6 and 7 seat models definitely have more cooling capacity.

Please double check the rear setting for climate control...

Shawn

Hi Go2019,

What is the REAR A/C setting for temperature? It is possible to be different from the front settings....

Please double check the rear setting for climate control...
Shawn
The rear AC setting is 68 degrees, so should be cold air coming out as outside temperature is around 90 degrees. But like I mentioned earlier, only non-cold air is coming out from the left side (rows 2 &3) of the vents.