Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Generation Tesla mud flaps clip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I’ve got a Tesla OEM mud flap/splash guard kit which came with horrible cross head screws as a retainment on the front edge, which replace push clips that normally hold the wheel arch liner in.

These screws are complete cheese and main to use and remove. I noticed on Tesla’s DIY website that a second generation kit has trim push clips now. I asked my SC if they can source them but they know nothing about them.

I guess these are a fairly generic clip (it looks quite long). Any guesses on where I might source one? I’ve tried my stash of clips, but I’ve nothing that diameter approaching the length needed.

A48DC908-BC58-441B-9830-D9B81C62B506.jpeg

Hi, did you end up finding some? The Gen2 clips seem a bit long and not as secure as the original ones. I’d like to find some similar to original but 1/4 longer to support the extra thickness. Anyone have a good solution?

You can get these clips from aliexpress. Tbh the oem tesla ones look like garbage. Get the china ones, they work amazing, are not as low (so dont get hit), look really good, and are cheap and replaceable when they do eventually break from i.e. hitting rocks, roadkill etc.