Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd MY Order Placed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered a LR AWD Black/Black, 20” rims, FSD MY back in Feb of this year. Was told it was being built end of last month and my DS claims there’s a VIN and it’s in preproduction. Still not seeing a VIN in source code. After thinking long and hard, decided I would probably want the MSM color over black. DS said they would look for one and assign if it came about. Was told there was one in Freemont but I’d have to pay $2k to ship it to me (Ohio) or I could fly there and drive it back but I’d have to pay double taxes essentially given Cali isn’t reciprocal. After finding all this out and the process, I decided to just put a second order in for a MSM and see what happens. I’m keeping my original black one and would be happy with either, but black seems to have a lot longer waiting time then other colors. My DS wasn’t thrilled because he said any cancellations go against their stores but he ultimately said I should get what I want.

Anyone else place a couple orders and if so what happened with them? I know some people who preordered last year did this and reordered recently and they got theirs quickly.

I'm honestly surprised by how low the Black orders are...think its like 6% or so on the stats page. I assume most is due to to them being built last. I think they look great, currently have Blk/blk 19' non-tow Auto on order. I'll admit its somewhat annoying to see people getting vins same day as ordering on Pearl white/MSM/Blue, but surprised more people aren't willing to wait for black.

I'm honestly surprised by how low the Black orders are...think its like 6% or so on the stats page. I assume most is due to to them being built last. I think they look great, currently have Blk/blk 19' non-tow Auto on order. I'll admit its somewhat annoying to see people getting vins same day as ordering on Pearl white/MSM/Blue, but surprised more people aren't willing to wait for black.

I like the black. The think that bothered me with it is that it’s not metallic. Which is kind of a bummer and when you look at the rest of the car, there’s a lot of black going on which is cool, but they’re all different shades of black which also bothers me. I’d still take it, if it’s the first one to be delivered, but after seeing the MSM, the black trim and wheels look much better on it IMO, and that’s coming from someone who’s had a few black cars over the last few years. Ha.

So I ordered a LR AWD Black/Black, 20” rims, FSD MY back in Feb of this year. Was told it was being built end of last month and my DS claims there’s a VIN and it’s in preproduction. Still not seeing a VIN in source code. After thinking long and hard, decided I would probably want the MSM color over black. DS said they would look for one and assign if it came about. Was told there was one in Freemont but I’d have to pay $2k to ship it to me (Ohio) or I could fly there and drive it back but I’d have to pay double taxes essentially given Cali isn’t reciprocal. After finding all this out and the process, I decided to just put a second order in for a MSM and see what happens. I’m keeping my original black one and would be happy with either, but black seems to have a lot longer waiting time then other colors. My DS wasn’t thrilled because he said any cancellations go against their stores but he ultimately said I should get what I want.

Anyone else place a couple orders and if so what happened with them? I know some people who preordered last year did this and reordered recently and they got theirs quickly.

I placed a second order after my first one was yanked. Incidentally we ordered through OH back in 2019 but have since moved and will take delivery in NC. I still deal with OH, not very helpful other than to (like you) be upset when I went online and ordered a second MY. My second order was 6/30 and nothing yet
9/2019- MSM/Black, Perf no upgrade, inductions, FSD
6/30/2020- MSM/Black, PUP, FSD

Black is probably the best color for the Y, IMO. Just looks stunning. But, having owned a couple of black cars, I told myself that I'd never own another black car ever again. They look amazing when clean but it's a lot of work to keep them that way.
Amen to this! I just sold my black 4Runner and while it was sexy when it was clean, it was a pain to keep clean. Not gonna go down that road again anytime soon.

I can't entirely believe this was coincidence, BUT within a couple hours of placing the 2nd order, I got a VIN on my original order in my source code and on my order page. LOL. We'll see how long it takes to get delivery information.

I am seeing a bunch of Black/Black being assigned today. So probably wasn't a coincidence. I ordered MSM back in February of this year and still no VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: attathomeguy