TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3 for LEASE (or choose an Electric Cadillac)

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by 2012MS85, Jan 11, 2020.

1. 2012MS85

2012MS85 Member

B9E030BE-AA51-4059-A4E4-81B233E037AA.jpeg EFBF78C9-F25B-4B0A-8937-14AE14B72F06.jpeg
    I own a limousine and exotic car (which includes 4 EVs) rental business in Iowa. I love my 4 EVs, but they are rented far less than I anticipated. Most inquiries are still for ICE. Folks often ask what my gorgeous Signature Red P85 is, and I say a TESLA...only to be asked “Who makes it?” :rolleyes: Anywho, I don’t want to sell any of my EVs, but am considering a lease (6- to 36-months) to maximize each vehicle’s use/potential, while also allowing someone in the Midwest a great opportunity to do a multi-month EV test drive, possibly even switching vehicles (start with our MidRange 3 with Enhanced AutoPilot & Full Self Driving, then swap and try out the Cadillac ELR). 99% of drivers in the Midwest don’t know what they’re missing with EV driving!

A potential lease down payment and the monthly lease cost would depend on which vehicle you desire and your desired lease duration (6-months minimum; 36-months maximum), as well as your FICO score (risk=reward). Longer term lease will lower the monthly cost. I reserve the right to pull this conditional offer at any time, as I have no idea what the demand will be, and I only have one excess EV to lease. At a minimum, I’ll easily beat TESLA’s cost of leasing since I’ll be seeking no where close to their $4,500 down payment. And I’m envisioning an approximate monthly lease payment around $700, give or take. The ELR had an MSRP of $82k, and it’s amazing in many ways. You can drive 40 miles daily as a pure EV, but still travel long distance anytime using its 340-miles of range on gas. Our Model 3 was $57k when we bought it new a year ago, and it has a 250+ mile range. Both cars are flawless and like new.

If you’re a serious potential lessee, please message me directly and I’ll be happy to talk serious numbers based on whatever your unique situation may be. Perhaps you’ve been thinking a long time about going electric, but are scared about the $40-50k investment (or simply are single and afraid of long-term commitments)!? :D

Thanks,
    Bob

2. phalseid

phalseid Member

who would pay insurance in this scenario?

3. 2012MS85

2012MS85 Member

The lessee pays insurance, just like every other lease or car rental. I don’t have Warren Buffett’s balance sheet :(, so I can’t offer insurance. As lessor and owner of the vehicle, I would be the named insured on the lessee’s policy (e.g., Progressive, Liberty Mutual, State Farm, etc). When I rent any vehicle for a day or a week, most folks have insurance that covers short-term rentals at no additional cost...just like a rental from Hertz or Enterprise. But any multi-month/year rental requires lessee to pick up their own policy, which is usually sold six months at a time...which is why I’m suggesting a minimum of a six month lease.