Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 point turns in/out of garage with automatic gear selection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of you refresh Model S/X owners park at home in a such a way that it requires a 3 point turn to get in/out of your garage?

Wondering how well the auto gear selection on the refresh S/X handles that - does it learn over time and improve? Or do you pretty much have to swipe up/down on the screen every time?

I have to back into a 3 point turn out of my garage. Sorry but I have never tried auto select. Shifter works fine and you can change gear before you stop and go the other direction. You can use console gear selector or screen.

I don’t trust Tesla on Summon, Auto Select, Auto door opener, Nav on Auto Pilot, FSD Beta City steer driving or Auto Wipers. They all work 99.9%, it’s that darn 0.1% I do have a problem with.

I do use Auto Steer on highways only, Blinker initiated Lane change, Beep on Green light and Auto High beam. that’s it.

It only auto selects when you are leaving park. So it'll guess if you want to enter into drive or reverse. It gets it right maybe 85% of the time in my experience. For doing a 3 point turn, you'd just change gears on screen. Works great.