Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 quick questions on newest M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I can't find a clear answer regarding the newest Model 3 Performance built in, Fremont...

1. What batteries are used now?

2. Are the rear door windows utilizing laminated glass like the front doors?

3. Are they coming from, Fremont with these AMD processors I'm reading about?

Thanks a ton

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Maric
1) Panasonic 3L (82kwh)
2) No laminated rear glass yet. Currently Model Y’s built in China have rear laminated glass. We have not seen rear laminated glass yet on any Model 3 regardless of where it is built.
3) Yes, new production cars all seem to have the AMD ryzen processor which replaces the old intel.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2 and Maric
Please put any battery questions in one of the battery threads. Either of these will work.

• Disagree
  • Love
Reactions: TomT and lUtriaNt
It's probably just me but I find these consolidated threads daunting to work with. If they're singularly focused on one thing like adding light strips to a car it's not too bad, but if they're generic and 100+ pages of random questions they're difficult to navigate and consume. I have no idea what the solution is as I understand what you're asking for too, but with a 100+ page thread I usually check the last few tabs in reverse and move on.

Reactions: TomT
It's probably just me but I find these consolidated threads daunting to work with. If they're singularly focused on one thing like adding light strips to a car it's not too bad, but if they're generic and 100+ pages of random questions they're difficult to navigate and consume. I have no idea what the solution is as I understand what you're asking for too, but with a 100+ page thread I usually check the last few tabs in reverse and move on.
It is not just you. This forum has a love fest with giant threads of info where the info you want may be there, but it's on page 53 of 1034. Moderators love just moving threads into giant threads. I don't know why.

It is not just you. This forum has a love fest with giant threads of info where the info you want may be there, but it's on page 53 of 1034. Moderators love just moving threads into giant threads. I don't know why.
My battery question in my above post asking three quick questions apparently was moved to one of the many battery threads and well.....I sure can't find I now😔

• Funny
Reactions: TomT and TBrownTX
I *think* the batteries in the Model 3P are the same ones they have been using for a while (meaning not the latest ones and not the cheap ones). I have the LR not the P so I could be wrong. I think the cheaper ones (meaning cost only) are in the 3SR while the newest Panasonic ones are going into the Model Y at some point.

Because otherwise the forum gets completely overrun with the same exact question asked multiple times a day by different people. The reason the threads are so "giant" is because of how many people ask the same thing. Those threads are not ment to be "read" they are ment to be searched, because (for example) just about any question on "why is my car not getting stated range?" has been asked and answered like 100 times in that thread.

It lets people talk as much as they want to about a topic, without it overrunning the rest of the forum for people who are no longer interested in that topic.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Thanks so much, are these Panasonic batteries a step in the right direction or a cutback to save money?
The M3P Panasonic batteries are not the 4680 batties nor are they the iron phosphate. These are the same batteries Tesla has been using for some time now. They should only be charged to 80-90% for daily driving unlike the iron batteries which can be charged to 100% every day but don't quite have the same density. The 4680 batteries have not been confirmed for the model 3 just the Y. It's the same battery in my M3P, you'll be happy.