Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

303 Aerospace Protectant:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been using 303 Aerospace Protectant for years with my past cars.
I love the stuff

But I am noticing with my model 3 seats you really have to rub it off.
I am noticing it can leave what looks to be oil stops or streaks. Which can be rubbed/wiped out with some more elbow grease but never noticed this in the past.

Has anyone else noticed this? any tips or should I switch to something else for my model 3 seats.

Thanks

• Helpful
Reactions: Perscitus
I've been using 303 Aerospace Protectant for years with my past cars.
I love the stuff

But I am noticing with my model 3 seats you really have to rub it off.
I am noticing it can leave what looks to be oil stops or streaks. Which can be rubbed/wiped out with some more elbow grease but never noticed this in the past.

Has anyone else noticed this? any tips or should I switch to something else for my model 3 seats.

Thanks
I've also noticed this with Auto Glym Interior Shampoo, which I used to clean the seats in my M3. In fact, I've decided that spraying the stuff on the seat directly is a bad procedure, and almost always leads to "oily" spots. I spray it on a microfiber cloth first, then wipe the seat with the cloth.

I've used Chemical Guys Inner Clean Interior Cleaner on the seats and have been happy with it. I like the fact that the liquid has a yellow color so you can easily spot it against the white synthetic leather . It cleans well with no streaks, and leaves behind a pina colada scent. It claims to offer some UV protection.

I wanted something with a bit more protection, so 2 days ago, I applied The Last Coat, which is a ceramic-infused spray sealant to the seats and it works really well. The Last Coat is primarly known as an exterior paint sealant but they claimed on their website that it can be used for interior surfaces. I am happy with the way it worked on the leather seats.

I've used Chemical Guys Inner Clean Interior Cleaner on the seats and have been happy with it. I like the fact that the liquid has a yellow color so you can easily spot it against the white synthetic leather . It cleans well with no streaks, and leaves behind a pina colada scent. It claims to offer some UV protection.

I wanted something with a bit more protection, so 2 days ago, I applied The Last Coat, which is a ceramic-infused spray sealant to the seats and it works really well. The Last Coat is primarly known as an exterior paint sealant but they claimed on their website that it can be used for interior surfaces. I am happy with the way it worked on the leather seats.

Interesting on "The last coat"
How did you apply it? Wipe on wait than wipe off?

You’re impressed with what ? In the sense of what advantage have you seen in using this? Do the seats shed water, dirt and stains better? Are they slicker? Sorry, but so many product endorsements are like this. What specifically have you seen that’s an advantage as compared to, say 303, armor all, or baby wipes. And on what kinds of grime/stain?

You’re impressed with what ? In the sense of what advantage have you seen in using this? Do the seats shed water, dirt and stains better? Are they slicker? Sorry, but so many product endorsements are like this. What specifically have you seen that’s an advantage as compared to, say 303, armor all, or baby wipes. And on what kinds of grime/stain?

I am impressed with 1) its level of protection and 2) its versatility. It appears to be very durable in protecting from stains and chemicals. I do not necessarily recommend it as a cleaning agent, but as more of very easy to apply protective coating. I would first clean the seats using an appropriate cleaning agent, such as the CG Inner Clean. Then once the seats are clean and dry, I would then apply The Last Coat .

Reactions: ralph142