Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

32.6.4 update started without warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
very odd that the install went on without user aproval.. this is not new, ive heard others with much older versions ( such as v8 goingt to v9 ) as people were trying to hold off from switching over. I believe Tesla has the ability to update a car if it feels the SW running it is not up to any good.

Hi, I ended up calling Tesla. We powered off the car, but it was still stuck (update was 60% completed after 12 hours). We rebooted my router , which boosted the signal. Tesla pushed the download and all was good. Next time i'll try on my own. Phone help service was great.

This happened to my wife as she was parking in our garage, as soon as it connected to the home wifi it started. She hadn't even parked the car nor plugged in the charging cable as is her habit.

Since owning the car, I have always sat in it during updates. It has become a ritual for me, I know what the car goes through when it updates and pretty much expect to hear and see the same pattern. So, I decided to let it go do it's thing, sat in the car and it didn't have the same pattern I was expecting. It appeared to have went through the update and back to the normal screen when I got the normal notification of a available update on the car. It was the same update, I decided to let it do it again, this time was more what I expected.

Other than that, the car seems to be running normal.