Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

320Amp Gateway with 3 load taps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla needs to upgrade the US model Gateway to 320 amps and with three load power taps for two load distribution panels and one generation panel. Current Gateway is only 200 amp with two load taps.

They also need a way to reset the electronic in the panel that doesn't require shutting off power to your house.

this would be easy and 320 amp disconnect switches exist, see E331/E351 FOCUS AXe/AXRe/RXRe - Landis+Gyr

They also need a way to reset the electronic in the panel that doesn't require shutting off power to your house.

I'm a first gen;first version Powerwalls owner and my gateway doesn't have that ability, but I understand the first gen;second version (which looks identical) has a black little button on the inside of the gateway to reboot the gateway completely.I've been told that Tesla will offer me an upgrade, but I'm waiting for the second generation one to arrive in the US before I purchase the upgrade.

Do you mean second generation, second version? So the second version of the second generation? When is it supposed to launch?

No, I am fairly certain @zanary Means "1st gen second version' as he said, because he is talking about the gateway device, not the powerwall itself.

In the US, we have "Gateway version 1", (without a reset button) and "Gateway version 1" with a reset button. Internationally, there is a "gateway version 2" which looks like a little mini powerwall, where Gateway version 1 looks like your typical grey electical load center / box.

• Informative
Reactions: ra88it
No, I am fairly certain @zanary Means "1st gen second version' as he said, because he is talking about the gateway device, not the powerwall itself.

In the US, we have "Gateway version 1", (without a reset button) and "Gateway version 1" with a reset button. Internationally, there is a "gateway version 2" which looks like a little mini powerwall, where Gateway version 1 looks like your typical grey electical load center / box.

Correct. There is a second generation version 1 still under development. It won't be the ugly metal case we see in the first generation, and it won't look like the Euro/Australia spec Generation 2 that looks like a Powerwall. Apparently they are designing something that is more modular and more pleasing to the eye that is easy to swap out parts. At last I heard end of year, but we really don't know.

All I know is that it will also be designed to potentially communicate with the new generation 3 Wall Charger with the white glass cover and possibly with our actual Tesla. It was a long time ago, but Elon said that the energy side would be communicating with the automotive side, so the perfect storm is coming for this to maybe actually happen... Let's hope they can figure it all out.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
when the Tesla Rep came to do the home assessment he said the new gateway was just easier to hookup... lets hope there is more to it.
I think i will be fine with a 200A gateway. this is what i'm proposing to tesla. feeder line between load side of gateway and disconnect with line taps for the house panels.

Attachments

• wall.png
    wall.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 80
  • wiring diagram.png
    wiring diagram.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 50