Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$35K version in Q1 of 2019? Now I'm confused...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw Teslarati reported that the $35K version (Standard battery, RWD) would not be available until Q1 of 2019. But when they say "35K version" do they mean the people who want standard battery, RWD, BUT also don't want the PUP will have to wait? What about those of us who want standard battery, RWD, but DO want the PUP, as well as advanced auto pilot?

The version I have configured in my head costs $46K. Currently, the estimator says "Late 2018", but am I to believe it should ACTUALLY say "Early 2019", thus my version is being delayed AGAIN??

These things don’t happen instantly. Standard battery configurations begin in late 2018 with full production ramp in early 2019. Since your delivery estimator says late 2018, you have a good chance of taking delivery in 2018.

I don't see why RWD SR PUP wouldn't be configurable if the straight RWD SR is. It's the same car as the RWD PUP, just with a different battery. I could see the non-PUP lines being delayed, because they already have the PUP going strong, but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to get SR PUP...

I don't see why RWD SR PUP wouldn't be configurable if the straight RWD SR is. It's the same car as the RWD PUP, just with a different battery. I could see the non-PUP lines being delayed, because they already have the PUP going strong, but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to get SR PUP...

Agreed. You should be able to choose SR PUP and SR non-PUP in late 2018. I wouldn’t read much into Elon’s statement about $35k car with regard to PUP vs non-PUP.

Agree. It's the SR battery that's the hold up, not the PUP. If anything the SR PUP will get a bit of priority over SR standard once SR is available as there's a bit more profit margin there for Tesla.

That said, SR and white interior is a long ways off, but that's a whole other story.

The version I have configured in my head costs $46K. Currently, the estimator says "Late 2018"

Mine too. From the quote from the meeting ...probably at the end of this year is when we will be able to make a smaller version of the battery pack, and get into volume production of $35,000 version in Q1 next year.

He didn't mention SR and PUP but it sounds like there is a chance for late 2018 SR and PUP but more likely early 2019. Which, most likely, means only $3,750 for the tax credit and another six or seven months wait.

The version I have configured in my head costs $46K. Currently, the estimator says "Late 2018", but am I to believe it should ACTUALLY say "Early 2019", thus my version is being delayed AGAIN??
I think they'll start in 2018 low volume and ramp up in 2019. Not many people have 2018 estimate showing for them for SR. I believe only day 1 and not all at that. In 2019 some production will start going overseas too, which may delay SRs some.